PDA

View Full Version : pedigree query??

Cheval Gris
Feb. 21, 2011, 08:38 PM
Wondering over from eventer land.... Could anyone offer some insights into these lines? I have heard different things about Northern Dancer and Native Dancer.
Really just curious about things to look for. Overall he has a big body, nice legs and seems to be pretty happy go lucky, jumping 2'3 with his knees to his eyeballs.
Thanks!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/lit+de+edwardo

danceronice
Feb. 21, 2011, 11:34 PM
Well, I hate seeing lots of Raise A Native, but that's not the case here. (I do subscribe to the current theory that overcrossing to him creates weak ankles and more fragile horses.) Pretty common lines with the GLARING exception of the sire's French dam. (Maybe they're big names in France? Though if you go back another generation Kenmary has Ribot in her fifth, not a bad name for sport horses.) And Bold Ruler, far back--is he opinionated? I hear the Bold Rulers have minds of their own, but that's five back.

I'd be curious to hear what people here think about the only inbreeding being to Buckpasser.

BasqueMom
Feb. 22, 2011, 03:16 AM
He's also some Nearco and Nasrullah and Tom Fool which I've been told are
good for sport horses. Buckpasser raced 31 times and 3 years along with
his sire, Tom Fool racing about the same. One of mine has lots of Bold Ruler
in his pedigree but he's pretty easy going.

Cheval Gris
Feb. 22, 2011, 07:30 AM
Funny you mention that timeline. This guy has 33 starts over 4 years. Either he holds up well or has seen his day. Thanks for the input, I really don't know much about lines except a few things I have heard about Bold Ruler and the Dancer's. Very interesting details! I'd be interested to read more thoughts if there are any!

keepthelegend
Feb. 22, 2011, 08:21 AM
Lit de Justice was a Breeders Cup Sprint winner. I remember him well as we had a horse in the race too and he was so beautiful in the post parade. Not a big horse and quite hot, but had a big stride and was very "smooth" to look at. I can imagine his offspring would be athletic.

Lamb Chop
Feb. 22, 2011, 09:18 PM
I've heard secondhand that the Lit de Justice horses tend to have very good temperaments, a good work ethic, and lots of jumping ability.

Have fun with this guy! Do you have a photo or two to post?

Cheval Gris
Feb. 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
I will post a pic of him after I take a look!! I don't want to spill him on here before he is in my hands!! Really cute though, nice legs uphill build, knees to eye balls and really quiet way of going! Can't wait to sit on him! Will post an update :)