PDA

View Full Version : Free G3 Winning TB Stallion

Windswept Farm
Feb. 20, 2011, 03:07 PM
NOTE: I am posting this for a friend, this is not my horse, I am simply trying to assist them in placing him.

Buckle Down Ben is a 1998 Jockey Club registered TB stallion. He has stood in PA and Indiana and has a few babies on the track already from limited oppurtunity. He was a good racehorse, winning over 300k. He is a son of Devil His Due.

Unfortunatly, he was part of a situation where his owner did not pay on several horses, and therefore the farm now legally owns him. They need to place him ASAP. The Jockey Club papers will be available if the new owner pays the Jockey Club the $150 fee and sends in pictures. The bill of sale is in hand and everything is in order paperwork wise to get the replacement papers, the farm just does not want to put any more money into him. This is an excellent oppurtunity for someone looking for a nice regional stallion.

If you are interested, please send name, a phone number and tell us about your situation you would be able to offer this stallion. PLEASE, if you are not set up for a stallion do not reply. This boy deserves an amazing retirement, he has earned it. Replies that provide references from a vet or other equine professionals will have priority. Stallion is in excellent health and has been well cared for.

Windswept Farm
Feb. 21, 2011, 03:04 PM
Opps forgot to say he is located in central Indiana.

omare
Feb. 22, 2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.xanthus-farm.com/xanthus_farm.cgi?dsri=on&tt=44&hh=1004

Is this him ? A handsome fellow -but now in Indiania? Hope he lands in a good spot.

shawneeAcres
Feb. 22, 2011, 08:02 PM
Oh how TEMPTING is that?! He is lovely! But do not need another stallion!

Windswept Farm
Feb. 22, 2011, 11:34 PM
Yes, that is him :) He is a really NICE horse. I stand a stallion at the farm where he is at, and really like him. If the boyfriend wouldn't kill me I would already own him, so instead, I am helping him find a soft spot to land. We think we have a good prospective home for him and are currently checking some references. I will update once I find out more :)

Coppers mom
Feb. 28, 2011, 12:14 PM
Just a note- Xanthus Farms has produced some INCREDIBLE horses. The one's I've gotten from there have had excellent minds and personalities, and have been very easy to work with, so I would definitely recommend them to anyone who was looking for a horse to restart. However, I haven't gotten one that was registered after 2007, so if papers are important, you may have to bite the bullet and pay the fees to get the horse registered. But, it'd be worth it, considering how little they're asking for what a high quality horse you'd be getting.

pbfmini
Mar. 5, 2011, 12:31 AM
Is he still available?

Equine Studies
Mar. 5, 2011, 02:00 PM
Also curious on an update.