PDA

View Full Version : Spring Trail Rides at Morven Park (Leesburg, VA)

baylady7
Feb. 20, 2011, 11:52 AM
Howdy- I just confirmed that Morven will be hosting two rides this spring. The 1st is a "Spring Flowers" trail ride on 17 April and then there is a History Tour trail ride on the afternoon of 15 May (following a Hunter Pace to be held that morning). This year's history ride will focus on the history of the governor's mansion, carriage museum, etc, as opposed to last year's which focused on the civil war sites. They should have/be putting stuff up on their website (www.morvenpark.org ) soon, but wanted to give all a heads up so you could mark your calendars, and if you are like me, arrange for trailering (I share with a friend). Happy trails all!!!

piaffeprincess98
Feb. 24, 2011, 08:43 PM
Will definitely try to get to this. I went on the historic one last year and it was a lot of fun for me and my retired event horse.

Jaegermonster
Feb. 24, 2011, 11:08 PM
Do they offer stabling? I could combine these rides with a trip up to see my husband, who is deployed up that way. I"m in FL so obviously would want to stay overnight.
What a treat to be able to ride at Morven Park.

Lori B
Feb. 25, 2011, 12:37 AM
How long / what distance are these rides?

When my horse was lame and going to the vet every month, I joked that if she really wanted to go to Leesburg, we could go to Morven Park instead of going to the Equine Medical Center. It would be pretty funny to actually do it. Is it a walk hack mainly? We are doing walk / trot / tiny bit of canter rides of approx. 40 minutes now, but I think she could be up for a longer hack by then.

baylady7
Feb. 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
They do have stabling for a fee, also can hanlde limited campers (but horses must be in rented stall).

Last year's ride was about 5 miles, took about 2.5-3 hrs because there were a few stops and lectures along the way and the general time taken to move 45 horses (including one donkey). Contact Shannon at Morven for details. www.morvenpark.org or 703-777-2890 ext 0.

My 24 year old retired show horse is planning to attend