PDA

View Full Version : jane savoie freedom from fear

lovemytbs
Feb. 16, 2011, 08:21 PM
I can't seem to find any reviews on this, anyone here try it? Is it worth $200? Thanks!

Arizona DQ
Feb. 17, 2011, 04:29 PM
I bought it when it first came out. It has helped me immensely as I can pick and chose what will work for me. Jane gives you a lot of different ways to work through your fears and how to cope. Even though I have overcome my main fears, every once in a while, the "bad" thoughts niggle into my mind and I go back to Jane's CDs to get those issues out of my brain. Well worth the money IMO. But having said that, I have just about every program that Jane has developed over the years, so I might be a bit biased...:D

TarheelJD
Feb. 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
I bought this program this summer when I was recovering from a broken collar bone thanks to an unplanned dismount! When I was cleared to ride again, I did not have nearly as hard a time as I thought I would dealing with my fears.

As the previous poster mentioned, many different techniques are presented, and you can pick and choose the ones that work well for you. Whenever I feel myself getting apprehensive, I think back to what I learned from the CDs.

In my opinion, it was definitely worth the investment.

Fillabeana
Feb. 17, 2011, 05:10 PM
My response would be to ask yourself, do you need psychological help with your fear, or are you reacting to an unsafe situation/s with your riding and your horse?

I am NOT making fun of anyone who really CAN use some genuine psychological help. I deal with some stage fright when playing an instrument for a crowded auditorium, and have absolutely been helped for that. If it were severe, some extra psychological help would be indicated, whether from books/videos/dvds etc or a live counselor.

But if you are dealing with fear, please take an honest, close look at your horse's training and behavior. The best 'natural horsemanship' colt starters and problem-solvers see issues in our everyday riding and show horses, such that they would not consider safe before working out an issue or two. As an example, another COTHer remarked that he/she couldn't warm up without her dressage coat, then put it on right before the test... because the horse would freak out if someone handed the coat to the rider. That, in my opinion, is a horse that needs further training before it is really safe to ride. If I rode that horse, and it spooked b/c of flapping clothes, I would have some fear of riding it...and that fear would be justified until the horse was trained to be 'slicker broke'.

lovemytbs
Feb. 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks, my fear is even present on my dead broke dressage horse, so looking for some tips to help!

Hampton Bay
Feb. 17, 2011, 10:13 PM
Is it more for fear of riding, or fear of riding in front of large groups, like at a show? I have the latter, not the former :)