PDA

View Full Version : Where to look for working student other than YardAndGroom

SBrentnall
Feb. 16, 2011, 07:13 PM
My trainer is looking for a working student in Thousand Oaks, CA. She's placed an ad on yard and groom, but is there anywhere else she should look? It's a part-time position geared to someone who wants to swap work for training.

Thanks for any leads!

dressurpferd01
Feb. 16, 2011, 08:37 PM
Equistaff.com

Equimax.com

Quibbler
Feb. 16, 2011, 08:38 PM
Has she tried advertising through her local GMO? That might be better for attracting someone part-time.

Bethe Mounce
Feb. 16, 2011, 08:39 PM
Bay Area Equestrian Network would help too even though we are farther north, ya never know...

ens0613
Feb. 16, 2011, 09:16 PM
Southern California Equestrian Network (BAEN's sister site) might also be helpful, though BAEN gets more visitors (from all over).

SBrentnall
Feb. 16, 2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'll check out all those sites now.

candico
Feb. 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
Sounds crazy, but try craigslist. I found a very nice and competent person via an ad.

Peggy
Feb. 18, 2011, 11:40 PM
Craigslist is not a bad idea. We hired someone to run a chem stockroom essentially off a Craigslist ad.

Facebook? Send out an email to the chapter chairs of local CDS chapters and ask them to pass it on?

Long Spot
Feb. 19, 2011, 12:48 PM
Going to sound a bit crazy and even obvious, but the Chronicle. Twas years and years and years ago that I was a working student, but that is where I found that position. I still read that section to see who's got openings just for fun.

Schiffon
Feb. 22, 2011, 11:55 PM
Its highly unlikely anyone is going to move to take a working student job that is part-time and purely barter, so I think international and national advertising is not to be fruitful.

The old fashioned way of posting flyers in feed and tack stores or contacting 4-H and Pony Club leaders or local horse magazine would be my approach.