PDA

View Full Version : Trying to fill in the gap on Nicky's World

jaslyn1701
Feb. 16, 2011, 06:38 PM
I bought Nicky's World in April of last year and am trying to fill in a gap in his life.

He raced in 2003 and 2004 - last race was 10/11/04 at Thistledown. But I also have documentation that says he was eligible to race in Ontario as of May 14, 2004. Since there is a gap in his US racing starts from April 2004 until August - he may have raced in Canada.

Bred and owned by Sylvia and Kenneth Morton in Florida. Sire was World Stage, dam was Bold Vision's Love.

A woman that I know bought him in May of 2007.

Just trying to find out where he was from his last race until then.

Thanks.

danceronice
Feb. 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
http://equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=5352051&registry=T

He raced twice at Fort Erie. Fourth in one start, ninth in the other.

jaslyn1701
Feb. 17, 2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks, Dancer. I have his race record (such as it is - LOL). Just trying to find out where he was between his last race in 2004 until he was bought in 2007.

danceronice
Feb. 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
Who did she buy him from? He wasn't racing in North America after the start at Thistledown unless it was VERY poor company (unrecognized/bush tracks), so none of the usual places are going to have any record of him. And gelding (I assume) so no breeding. If he was being restarted when she got him you might try Off Course or the forum for whatever discipline he was used for. It's unlikely any racing people kept him long after his last start unless they were trying to make a pony of him since he was basically a losing proposition going by that race record. He would have been costing more to feed than he was worth.