PDA

View Full Version : Need Vet recommendation for PPE in OH

shortstuff
Feb. 14, 2011, 10:52 PM
Can anyone recommend a good Vet for PPE in the Zanesville OH area? TIA

Parrotnutz
Feb. 15, 2011, 11:16 AM
not sure where that is but if it is anywheres near Cleveland use Dr Genovese....he did a PPE on a horse for me....he was excellent and I got a 12 page report plus CD with digitals. Very reasonable by East Coast standards and he was very through and realistic!
If not near him would contact his clinic for recommendations.

Calhoun
Feb. 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
Sent you a PM

Paddys Mom
Feb. 15, 2011, 12:42 PM
+1 Dr. Genovese at Cleveland Equine Clinic :)

SillyHorse
Feb. 15, 2011, 12:59 PM
Ron Genovese is the only way to go in NE Ohio for a PPE.

oldernewbie
Feb. 15, 2011, 01:17 PM
Zanesville is east central Ohio...just FYI.

I know someone with a big QH farm there, want me to ask them who they use?

erfarrell
Feb. 15, 2011, 09:16 PM
I highly recommend the vets at OSU in Columbus. If you can haul the horse in to the clinic, you will save money and get a top-notch PPE. Because it is a teaching clinic, they take their time, have a whole team of vets and students evaluating and discussing the horse, and it's significantly cheaper than most private practices. If trailering in isn't an option, I would still recommend you call the clinic and see if they can send a field vet out to you. I have had nothing but good luck with them.

.natalie.
Feb. 17, 2011, 08:49 PM
I would also recommend Genovese but if OSU is more convenient that would be my next suggestion. Good Luck : )

dghunter
Feb. 17, 2011, 09:54 PM
Definitely Genovese! He's very detailed and gives such good and simple explanations of things!

Equi88
Feb. 18, 2011, 08:07 AM
Just FYI, Dr. Genovese is not making farm calls. You'd have to bring the horse to his clinic, or ask for Dr. Berthold!

dghunter
Feb. 18, 2011, 08:47 AM
Yes, as long as I've known Genovese you had to trailer in :yes: Definitely still worth it though. If you can't do that, I'll second Berthold! They work together and he's very good as well. A lot of people at our barn use Cleveland Equine (?) and they really like both Berthold and one other vet, maybe Emily :confused: I can't remember her name. For regular stuff I use Visiting Vet.

SillyHorse
Feb. 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
Emily Miller. All of them are good, but for a PPE I'd haul to Ron.

Paddys Mom
Feb. 18, 2011, 09:10 AM
And Cleveland Equine's new facility in Ravenna is very nice!
We were just there Tuesday with Dr. Genovese.
No more doing flexions in the city street. :winkgrin:

dghunter
Feb. 18, 2011, 09:46 AM
And Cleveland Equine's new facility in Ravenna is very nice!
We were just there Tuesday with Dr. Genovese.
No more doing flexions in the city street. :winkgrin:

You have no idea how happy this just made me :lol: I haven't had to visit him since before he moved *knock on wood* It was always interesting visiting him before!

And yes Emily Miller's the other one that's out a lot! Thanks, SillyHorse :)

Koni
Mar. 7, 2011, 11:13 AM
Try Woodland Run Equine in Grove City, OH. Dr. Bob Buehl. This should not be too far for you. They have a web site.