PDA

View Full Version : Questions asked to trainer, & U got this answer about unbroke young horse what . . .

Fantastic
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:15 PM
. . . .Would you think?

Horse will have been there one month on Friday. Five days after initial arrival, horse was checked on and had learned in five days to: lunge wtc, free jump, wear surcingle, ground manners. A bit of the following has been done when checked on last week, hence some of the questions.

QUESTIONS someone asked me, and then passed them on to trainer:

I have people asking for more pics and video. They have also asked me a bunch of questions that I don't know the answers to. Don't laugh when you see some of the questions! :-)

Would it happen to be convenient for me to come over sometime tomorrow to put
dressage tack on and work (horse), so I can get better pics
and video?

(blah, blah, blah - edit) . . . .

1) Does he stand quietly while tied, cross tied, or held for farrier
and vet? (He did here while tied, not sure about there.
Don't know if you tie him. He did not stand quietly in place when I
trimmed his feet - moved away from pressure instead of standing still
(like (other horse) did.).
2) Is he mouthy, pushy, or get fed treats? (Not sure how to answer
this one. Was never fed treats here as I don't like pushy horses,
plus he was already pretty oral. Not sure about there.).
3) What sort of work is being done with him and how often?
4) How often is he jumped and how high?
5) Is he lunged a lot for a young horse? How many days per week and
for how long?
6) Does he lunge in a circle properly? (Did not lunge as well last week (AS HOW HE DID when I saw him 5 DAYS AFTER ARRIVING). Kept coming
in on circle. Not sure if this is the norm.).
7) Does he lunge in a bridle with side reins walk, trot, and canter? (emailed me picture of horse in bridle).
(Don't know.).
8) Does he ground drive walk, trot, and whoa in a bridle? (Not sure. (said she'd GD'd at walk. did not hear back if she did more).
9) Does he long line walk, trot, canter, and whoa in a bridle? (Not sure.).
10) Has anyone draped themselves over his back? (Don't know. Witness her standing on mounting block and touching horses back.)
11) Has he been mounted? (Don't think so.).
12) Has he been ponied? (Don't think so.).

Let me know if there is any time for you that works for me to get the
pics pictures and video.

REPLY:

I might beable to do it i have the 18th open 24th 25th 27 27 i have
open lit je know thay are both doing very nice

This person is very low key, only has 4-5 horses in training, and does a ton of ground work. She has written emails that contained more than one run on sentence before.

What would you think if you got that minimal response???

Ibex
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:18 PM
That she answered you from a mobile device :D

SaddleUp158
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
Is this a horse you have in training with her or one that you are looking to buy?

Fantastic
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:25 PM
Ha, ha, ha! That one did occur to me! :D

However, considering that there is a buyer asking questions and wanting more video and pics, I would have expected a courteous, "I'll answer your questions later" sentence, too.

Problem is, specific questions about the other horse were asked on another day, and there was never any response. Hence the opinions wanted.

Fantastic
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:27 PM
one that you are looking to buy?

Ha, ha, ha! Another funny! I ABSOLUTELY do not need to buy another horse!!! :lol:

This is one of my horses in training with her. She has two of mine.

coloredcowhorse
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:40 PM
. . . .Would you think?

Horse will have been there one month on Friday. Five days after initial arrival, horse was checked on and had learned in five days to: lunge wtc, free jump, wear surcingle, ground manners. A bit of the following has been done when checked on last week, hence some of the questions.

This person is very low key, only has 4-5 horses in training, and does a ton of ground work. She has written emails that contained more than one run on sentence before.

What would you think if you got that minimal response???

I'd be tempted to skip doing e-mails and make a phone call later in the evening when you are reasonably certain she won't be in the barn....if it wakes her up that's tough...at least you'll be in touch.

When I do training with a horse I do an initial evaluation, with the owner and on arrival of the horse, of what the horse knows/doesn't know (I made up a 4+ page checklist and score each item while the owner is doing whatever that item is with the horse...want to give the horse the benefit of having a familiar person asking for things so he does his best). Then sit down with the owner and work up a "lesson plan" on what I will work on first and why, when there needs to be another evaluation done (use the same score sheet so improvements or lack of can be seen easily), how long to expect what to take. I schedule the repeat evals and have the owner initial it after going over it with them. And I make my phone calls for answering questions/making suggestions etc in the evening between about 7 and 8 or maybe 9....this keeps owners out of my hair during the day and allows me to focus on the horses during the day and the owner issues in the evening.

SaddleUp158
Feb. 14, 2011, 04:55 PM
Ha, ha, ha! Another funny! I ABSOLUTELY do not need to buy another horse!!! :lol:

This is one of my horses in training with her. She has two of mine.

Oops sorry! I promise I read your post, but must not have allowed it to fully sink in. hehe

Kyzteke
Feb. 14, 2011, 05:04 PM
I think you MIGHT be ticking off your trainer alittle :yes:

Not all trainers are good "people persons" but that sure doesn't make them bad trainers.

I sent one of my horses to probably one of THE best young horse dressage trainers in my region and -- trust me -- as good as she was with the horse she was not the best in terms of communication.

Also, I was alittle confused by the dialogue in your post. Was it you asking all these questions or were customers asking YOU these questions, which you later asked the trainer?

If so, I would agree that after only 30 days you are pushing things abit.

Is the trainer getting a commission for marketing your horse? If not, maybe just ask her "I'm getting alot of interest in this horse, but I need better pics & video of him <under saddle, doing ground work, free jumping, whatever>:confused:.

"When would be a good time to come get that?"

HOW the trainer gets the horse going (laying on his back, lunging, etc) is not really the issue -- it's if he actually gets there. I would assume you've already researched your trainer's method, so you are happy with that.

Personally, I would tell buyers the horse only has 30 days, so what do they expect?

katarine
Feb. 14, 2011, 05:11 PM
I can't really tell what you are asking of whom and why. Talkee on dee telephoney.

Fantastic
Feb. 14, 2011, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE]Was it you asking all these questions or were customers asking YOU these questions, which you later asked the trainer?

Interested party asked me these questions, and I passed them on.

[QUOTE]Is the trainer getting a commission for marketing your horse? If not, maybe just ask her "I'm getting alot of interest in this horse, but I need better pics & video of him <under saddle, doing ground work, free jumping, whatever>:

Heck no. She already knew I'd had a lot of interest in the horse - came over last week and I mentioned I'd eventually need more video then. Then, I had the questions come.

[QUOTE]Personally, I would tell buyers the horse only has 30 days, so what do they expect?

That's a good response to the interested party, but you know how detailed some buyers can get! :)

Kyzteke
Feb. 14, 2011, 09:29 PM
[quote=Fantastic;5428409
That's a good response to the interested party, but you know how detailed some buyers can get! :)[/quote]

Well, you tell them the trainer is doing the training, not you! In general you would expect a young horse to tie, clip, bath, load and a horse with an English start to lunge w/side-reins, carry a rider fairly reliably at w/t and maybe some canter and start to be exploring contact at about 60 days.

That is just a general guideline.

Meanwhile, if you've worked with the trainer before and like her job, then get out of her way and let her do it. She should tell you her "general" schedule for starting a horse, as most trainers use the same system over and over unless they run into glitches.

Then make an appt. to get your video and pics and tell buyers: here's what he looks like at 60 days.

Who cares if someone laid on his back or not?

xQHDQ
Feb. 15, 2011, 06:34 AM
When you sent the questions did you also send what you have in parenthases? That was very confusing to me b/c it looked like you answered your own questions even though you didn't know a lot of the answers. I would have just sent the questions. You also didn't ask her to specifically respond to your questions, so maybe she was confused too. (You did ask her specifically about time to stop by).

Some people prefer email, others are better at communicating over the phone. I would give her a call.

siegi b.
Feb. 15, 2011, 09:02 AM
If I forwarded those questions to my trainer, he would tell me that his job is to RIDE the horse, not WRITE novels! I think it would be reasonable to ask those questions in person, but don't expect the trainer to spend an hour on the PC trying to come up with a written response.

retrofit
Feb. 15, 2011, 09:12 AM
I hate bad spelling & grammar more than anyone, but I'd be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt here.

First of all, Your email & post are confusing. She might have thought you sent all those Q&As along as an FYI, like Look at all this interest I am getting. If you need specific details, like Have you laid over Dobbin's back yet? ... maybe just ask those FEW specifics instead of forwarding a long email and expecting her to fill in the blanks.

Secondly, a lot of people have trouble with mobile devices. I'd give her credit for trying to respond promptly and get something set up with you.

Finally, consider that without a commission, she really isn't all that invested in the sale process. It's nice that she is offering up so many dates for you to come take additional photos & video.

It sounds like you have a good trainer who you trust. So maybe she'll never win a Pulitzer. Focus on the positive and help to fill in the gaps with the communications as best you can. And maybe don't insult her on the internet, because she might just read more than she writes. ;)

Home Again Farm
Feb. 15, 2011, 10:02 AM
If I forwarded those questions to my trainer, he would tell me that is job is to RIDE the horse, not WRITE novels! I think it would be reasonable to ask those questions in person, but don't expect the trainer to spend an hour on the PC trying to come up with a written response.

This.

And some of the questions would have me running away from those buyers. I'd tell anyone interested that you will be doing a sales video when the horse is 60 days under saddle and in that video I would show the horse on crossties, being tacked up and ridden.

alibi_18
Feb. 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
If I forwarded those questions to my trainer, he would tell me that is job is to RIDE the horse, not WRITE novels! I think it would be reasonable to ask those questions in person, but don't expect the trainer to spend an hour on the PC trying to come up with a written response.

This too.

And like HAF said, I don't understand much of the purpose of such questions...This is a horse that only had a month of training yet...what are the buyers expecting?

Anyway, why aren't you able to answer those questions? You don't know your trainer's program? You don't know about young horse training? You don't know your own horses?

Kyzteke
Feb. 15, 2011, 12:19 PM
Secondly, a lot of people have trouble with mobile devices. I'd give her credit for trying to respond promptly and get something set up with you.

Finally, consider that without a commission, she really isn't all that invested in the sale process. It's nice that she is offering up so many dates for you to come take additional photos & video.

It sounds like you have a good trainer who you trust. So maybe she'll never win a Pulitzer. Focus on the positive and help to fill in the gaps with the communications as best you can. And maybe don't insult her on the internet, because she might just read more than she writes. ;)

This, this and this.

Since she isn't getting a dime for marketing, it's really unfair for you to expect anything OTHER than training the horse and being there for you to get your video/pics.

You should know her training system if you'd worked with her before.

The horse should have been solid in it's ground manners before it ever arrived -- YOU should know if it ties, etc, right?

As far as the mobile devices - -man, I second that. I'm a fair typist, but texting? I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye....:no:

Fantastic
Feb. 15, 2011, 02:40 PM
I have not had a chance to call her, as I have been working horses all morning. She was too busy to answer my client's questions in email yesterday, but she was able to send me an email at 10:39 this morning about some training link on Facebook!

Sure, the questions might be a bit annoying to some of you, but when you have potential clients asking detailed questions about a horse, do you not try to answer them? Or, do you just skirt the questions?

To clarify, this post is about the questions themselves (yes, I found them "interesting"), and the response received when the questions that were posed to the person/trainer who is currently managing my horse. The people that asked the questions have been seriously corresponding with me, are familiar with my horses, and know that this horse is with someone else. Buyers ask all sorts of questions when considering to buy a horse. If a person wants to make a sale, it's best to answer the buyers questions! Since this is my horse, I would also like to know the answers to these questions, too. They should be pretty darn easy to answer. A yes or no in response to the questions would suffice.

No, I have never used her before. She is not a dressage trainer.

The horse is for sale, and she knows that. I need access to my horse if I am going to sell him, hence letting her know my need to get more video. My horse is 35-45 minutes from me, I certainly do not need someone "helping" me put dressage tack on my horse and taking my video, so the 4 day delay, or 2 weeks out options where puzzling. So what happens when these people want to fly in to see him, and then I get the big blow off (I have time available in 4 days, or in 2 weeks?? (see the dates she listed)) as to when I can show him to them?

Unquestionably, I cannot sell the horse if I do not satisfy people's requests for getting questions answered, and request for specific video to be taken.

Fantastic
Feb. 15, 2011, 02:45 PM
Since she isn't getting a dime for marketing, it's really unfair for you to expect anything OTHER than training the horse and being there for you to get your video/pics.

Marketing and her getting a dime has nothing to do with it. I asked specific questions that were asked of me, and I expect them to be answered. Who cares if it's the buyer asking the questions, or me, for that matter. I am the owner, I passed on the questions of which I do not know answers. She has my horse, and knows the answers to the questions. They are pretty clear questions.

Hedging when asked clear questions that could cost me a sale? Um, you guys find this acceptable?

alibi_18
Feb. 15, 2011, 02:56 PM
I think you should talk to your trainer.... You've asked for dates where your trainer would be available for you to take pics/video. She answered.
Then you say you don't need her for the pics/video training? Just go whenever you want...

Then you wonder what will happen when customer will want to come see your horses? You could either ask your trainer about dates when you'll have real clients inquiery...and then set up a meeting or go by yourself if you are able to present them...

I don't understand what you are complaining about...

And how come you don't know the answers of those questions? You horses have been there for a month and became strangers to you? and you don't know what is going on with their training?!?

enjoytheride
Feb. 15, 2011, 02:59 PM
If I had a horse in training and couldn't go see it, I would ask similar questions. However, your questions and the stuff in parenthesis are very confusing.

I would call the trainer and ask them how the training is progressing. Is he being lunged, jumped, long lined, etc.

I also don't understand why ou think the trainer is being secretive about it. You're obviously too busy to call her yourself so don't expect a long email back from her.

Eclectic Horseman
Feb. 15, 2011, 03:11 PM
Well, I guess you don't have a contract with the trainer that requires her to spend a certain amount of time answering your emails. If you did, I am guessing that she would be charging by the hour.

In order to avoid misunderstandings, all important terms of a contractual relationship should be spelled out in writing. Time is money, and I'll bet that the trainer quoted you a price for training that only included training the horse and not filling out questionnaires.

I am also thinking that she doesn't want to be facilitating the sale of the horse unless she is being compensated for her time or at least getting a commission. You get what you pay for.

ToN Farm
Feb. 15, 2011, 06:49 PM
The questions potential buyers are asking are appropriate. The seller should know the answers or not advertise the horse until the answers are known. As a seller, you should be able to answer any question a potential buyers asks.

If I had a horse out for training, especially a young one getting started, I would know these things. I would know in advance the way the breaker works, plus I would be there watching daily if I lived so close by.

As for email, no, I would not expect a trainer to be emailing me with answers to my questions. I would discuss progress in person and I would know a lot more about the process before I even turned over the horse.

Equibrit
Feb. 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
I would think that she is on a mobile, very busy and would probably discuss all your questions in person, when you've decided on a date.

narcisco
Feb. 15, 2011, 08:22 PM
I think she was on a mobile, on a horse, trotting. I can see why there are some communication issues.

Napoles
Feb. 16, 2011, 09:13 AM
If I got a TEXT like that from an owner, I would be stunned. Firstly, as some people here have already said, that she didn't know the answers to the basic ground work questions etc herself and secondly that she didn't have the good manners to phone me and discuss them properly.

How could she get any idea of what you wanted from a text like that - most of it probably didn't even go through if it's anything like my mobile phone?

Elegante E
Feb. 16, 2011, 10:27 AM
Wow, no wonder the horse industry is such a mess. To tell the OP that answering simple questions pose a problem for the trainer is insane! The trainer is a business person, the owner her client. It is simple to take a few minutes to answer the questions, which aren't inappropriate as different horses progress differently.

The trainer owes the owner the courtesy of answering simple questions on the progression of the horse. Trainer should be giving the owner regular updates as it is.

Call the trainer and ask. If she doesn't have answers, then I'd go pick up my horses and take them home.

AnotherRound
Feb. 16, 2011, 10:49 AM
If I got a TEXT like that from an owner, I would be stunned. Firstly, as some people here have already said, that she didn't know the answers to the basic ground work questions etc herself and secondly that she didn't have the good manners to phone me and discuss them properly.

How could she get any idea of what you wanted from a text like that - most of it probably didn't even go through if it's anything like my mobile phone?

I happen to agree with this and other response like it.

Frankly, it I would assume that your trainer isn't an email person, and many many people are not. Many people do not write well, want to write well, or take the time to sit down and write well.

If she's a professional, she may be doing her job and will give you a summary or evaluation or whatever you contracted for when she is done. Meanwhile, she may or may not have made it clear how welcome you are to come and watch her work the horse and talk to her about the horse.

If it were me, I would call, make an appointment to watch the horse at say 15 days, and ask her for a bit of her time during/after the training session to update you on the horse.

I know several trainers who would take a horse for a specific reason, work on the horse and turn him over when the job was complete. Meanwhile, give phone consult or talk in person if the owner came out.

Email? Not so much.

She emailed you to tell you to come out in person. That's your answer.

Perseverating on why your confusing and long-winded and needy sounding questions weren't responded to in kind, is sort of wierd.

Say she's a professional and go see her and leave it at that.

Napoles
Feb. 16, 2011, 11:27 AM
The questions potential buyers are asking are appropriate. .

"Does he lunge in a bridle with side reins walk, trot, and canter?"

I have to say I don't agree with the above being appropriate... a horse who is just under work with a month - lunging in canter?? I certainly wouldn't like to hear that a young horse in its first month of being broken was being lunged in canter with side reins!!
Sorry - just picked up on that when I went back and re-read the OP's post.

enjoytheride
Feb. 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
"Does he lunge in a bridle with side reins walk, trot, and canter?"

I have to say I don't agree with the above being appropriate... a horse who is just under work with a month - lunging in canter?? I certainly wouldn't like to hear that a young horse in its first month of being broken was being lunged in canter with side reins!!
Sorry - just picked up on that when I went back and re-read the OP's post.

Well there you go, because if I sent a horse to a trainer he'd darned well better be lunging in a bridle in sidereins WTC by the end of 30 days. I'm not paying the trainer to pet the horse. I'd actually expect him to ground drive and be under saddle at least being lead around by now. Now this assuming I sent the trainer a horse that already lunging in a halter and didn't have any other issues of course.

I'd also expect the trainer to answer my questions either via email or in a phone call, especially if I'm a distance away. I'm not going to send a horse to a trainer and never hear from them. I would not ask my questions in that manner though.

sadlmakr
Feb. 16, 2011, 12:55 PM
You will learn far more in a face to face discussion than in an Email.
Emails take time to compose, type and send.
Go see what the horse is doing and how well the trainer has done so far.
I know it takes me a while to respond by Email about most anything.
I know this is probably not what you want to hear but it is always best to go talk with the person you hired to train the horse.
Kind regards, sadlmakr

Eclectic Horseman
Feb. 16, 2011, 03:37 PM
You know I'll bet this issue would not even be raised if the trainer was a man (cowboy.) For some reason, they seem to be notorious as a group for not returning phone calls, let alone texts or emails, and everyone lets them off the hook for it. The ones I have known (this includes farriers, dentists, vets, etc. as well as trainers if they are men) aren't particularly communicative period. Never seems to be a problem as long as they show up (eventually) and get the job done.

Napoles
Feb. 17, 2011, 05:00 AM
Well there you go, because if I sent a horse to a trainer he'd darned well better be lunging in a bridle in sidereins WTC by the end of 30 days. I'm not paying the trainer to pet the horse. .

"in canter".. My point was that they were requiring a young, barely broken horse to be lunged in side reins in CANTER. I don't know how you do it, but personally I sure as hell wouldn't be asking an unbalanced youngster to canter a 15 m circle on the lunge in side reins.

mademoiselle
Feb. 17, 2011, 08:15 AM
I can see both sides of the story. I'm a trainer and I start a lot of horses under saddle and do a lot of sales too.

While I'm good with emails, I must say that it would take a lot of time to answer those questions. So, in my opinion the best way would be to give your trainer the potential buyer's phone number and ask her to give him/her a call to answer.

It would take at least 20 minutes to take care of this email ... if you need to do it for 5 horses (for your other clients) it's already an hour and a half of your time.

I have very, very busy days with a lot of horses to ride, a barn to run and a household to take care of. So, I need to manage my time very carefully. so I try to make my business phone calls when I'm driving to the feed store or to pick up my kids at school ...

As far as the videos, same thing I don't mind owners coming to watch their horses go but it always double the time when we make a video. Horse needs to be extra clean, wrapped, we need to redo some parts of the video ... So, I always try to make sure that I have an extra chunk of time for a video a horse. And when the owners come, they always have a bunch of questions and so it's a 2 hour deal no matter what. Which is fine, but it takes a little bit of planning on my part.

Also young horses change very fast, so it's hard to keep up with videos. from one week to the other their training is at totally different place:yes:. Hopefully:winkgrin:.

On the other hand, I try to keep my clients in the loop, by calling or sending quick texts about big steps for their horses (today we sat on your horse or today your horse cantered with a rider on or today, first day off the longeline in the big arena ...).

And yes, all the horses I have started where doing w/t/c on a longeline with sidereins within a couple of days. I have started over 300 horses under saddle and I have yet to see one that can not canter on a longeline with sidereins:confused:. They are not tight and it doesn't take a lot of balance to learn to canter on a 20m circle. If they can't then I would call the vet and check if something is wrong:yes:. That's part of growing up for them and to learn where their feet are and where their body parts are:D.

AnotherRound
Feb. 17, 2011, 08:31 AM
Madamoiselle makes a whole lot of sense. This is what I would imagine the OP's trainer is pretty much all about.

And as an owner, yes, I would be expecting the horse to be cantering on a longe in side reins as part of his beginning training. No reason to teach him to canter unbalanced, as they do cantering free with their head up and turned to the outside, but to use themselves correctly as they will be asked to with a rider, from the start. When a horse is in side reins, he is not unbalanced, but balanced, and must use his back correctly and part of the reason, in my uneducated eye, for the side reins is to teach balance at all gaits. And At the canter.

Napoles
Feb. 17, 2011, 09:28 AM
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm not a big fan of cantering any horses on the lunge, especially babies, but that's my personal approach.

meupatdoes
Feb. 17, 2011, 09:48 AM
I am also thinking that she doesn't want to be facilitating the sale of the horse unless she is being compensated for her time or at least getting a commission. You get what you pay for.

I don't think that answering questions about a horse to its owner is "facilitating the sale of a horse" just because the horse happens to be for sale.

Trainer owes these answers to the owner of the horse (who is already compensating her the training) either way.

Though I agree that it would be easier for owner to simply call trainer rather than writing such a long email correspondence.

jumpytoo
Feb. 17, 2011, 09:51 AM
so you sent your green horse out. What specifically did you ask the trainer to train for? break to ride? that may not necessarily include getting trained to clip or even doing free jumping. Looking at your list I wouldn't expect all that to be happening after 30 days.

Which, of those things, had you already accomplished before you sent the horse?

and to buyers "he has just been in training 30 days. He is getting solid ground work before moving on to the next things. He is easy to work with (you would know this from your own experience) so if you biy him he should keep progressing into a (chose a discipline) like you want."

The trainer sounds busy. I would be annoyed by that text on my phone..you should have found time to call directly.

FYI for me, 1 or 2 sentences in a text is plenty. I don't want to read a book and frankly, if I am working horses I am not wearing my readers anyway,lol

Also ,if you start having buyers contacting the trainer with questions or wanting to view the horse (which means someone is gonna have to get him perfectly groomed and such) then be prepared for extra training fee OR commision charge. I don't mind if you want to sell your horse yourself, but when the work trickles over into my time then I expect to be compensated.

I am sure once you talk to the trainer your questions will be ironed out. Call or go there in person (preferably go there so you can see how you horse is doing)

Alpha Mare
Feb. 17, 2011, 10:35 AM
The OP sent 12 questions to a trainer who is not being compensated for a sale (no commission). Seems to me the owner is trying to get the trainer to answer sales questions for free - if you want tidy, complete sentences to return to the buyer, that takes time and deserves compensation.

Putting things in writing may not be 'hard' but it can be quite time consuming and should be part of the seller's job (owner) as trainer has no sales commission.

My trainer will handle the questions, videos, etc. but she is paid to do so. Not for free.

Suggest the OP ask trainer for a time to spend 10 minutes on the phone to get the answers and then write back to the prospective buyer herself.

YankeeLawyer
Feb. 17, 2011, 04:03 PM
Oh my.

Don't waste your trainer's time. If you have questions, either pick up the phone and ask (and take notes) or email asking what time would be convenient to set up such a call. You might send the Qs in advance for discussion. But don't expect your trainer to sit for hours at a computer typing lengthy responses to questions.

Regarding the short response, the trainer probably was on a blackberry or texting on a cell and it can be a real PITA to type out more than a sentence or two.

Kyzteke
Feb. 17, 2011, 06:56 PM
The OP sent 12 questions to a trainer who is not being compensated for a sale (no commission). Seems to me the owner is trying to get the trainer to answer sales questions for free - if you want tidy, complete sentences to return to the buyer, that takes time and deserves compensation.

Putting things in writing may not be 'hard' but it can be quite time consuming and should be part of the seller's job (owner) as trainer has no sales commission.

My trainer will handle the questions, videos, etc. but she is paid to do so. Not for free.

Suggest the OP ask trainer for a time to spend 10 minutes on the phone to get the answers and then write back to the prospective buyer herself.

Ding, Ding, DIng!! We have a winner...