PDA

View Full Version : OTTB Update from a Proud Mom

xrmn002
Feb. 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
Here's a brag from a VERY proud mom. Thought all you OTTB lovers would enjoy.

My 8 year old OTTB was used in a dressage lesson last night for the first time. For the first part of the lesson he was the lead horse in a quadrille with three older schoolmasters. I was pleasantly surprised that he was the best-behaved of them all, even in the canter work!!

Then he packed around an 11 year old after she got frustrated with her sorta lazy schoolmaster who was taking advantage. My guy was such a gentleman- completely responsive, but gentle and taking care of her! It's taken some time but I can't believe what a solid citizen my little racehorse has become!

GallantGesture
Feb. 14, 2011, 02:41 PM
That's awesome!! I love ottb's, I don't know where the bad rep comes from, but they are such great horses!

dwblover
Feb. 14, 2011, 05:38 PM
YAY OTTB'S!!! My guy is also one of the calmest horses at our barn. He has been that way since I bought him as a five year old.

johnnysauntie
Feb. 14, 2011, 10:17 PM
OTTBs flat out rock. I never want any other sort of horse. They aim to please! Give your good boy some scritches from his virtual fan club!

luckydragon
Feb. 15, 2011, 12:11 AM
That is awesome! I love OTTBs! Sounds like yours is a very good one! :)

sadlmakr
Feb. 15, 2011, 12:39 AM
Tell your OTTB how proud of him you are. They know when you are pleased with them. Watch him be proud of himself.
Yes I love to hear these stories about these horses making it off the track.
No reason they can't.
Yeayy!
Kind regards, sadlmakr