PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendations on Men's riding wear

PiaffeDreams
Feb. 13, 2011, 11:28 PM
Does anyone have good suggestions on men's breeches? favorites etc?

And, I need to find a pair of used Konigs or similar dressage boot with zippers in a size 11.5 foot medium width long calf.

Are there any tack stores etc. that anyone knows of that might have more access to boots like these?

Thanks

Lostboy
Feb. 13, 2011, 11:58 PM
go with the tighty whiteys

baggy breeches ( cuz I still have 4 way stretch harry hall flashbacks)

used boots ? maybe call the used tack store in Middleburg and there is one in San Diego that had a ton of boots.

I would suggest also trying up half a foot size sometimes they run a little funny.

ThreeFigs
Feb. 14, 2011, 11:26 AM
So glad this is being addressed. My BF wants to try riding and he's got NOTHING in his wardrobe that's remotely appropriate for riding.

Damn, he'd look cute in riding britches!

arabiansrock
Feb. 14, 2011, 12:24 PM
My son (20 yrs old) likes the Tuff rider mens full seat breeches, and prefers the boxer briefs (as compared to boxers) because they are looser in hte man area but the brief leg keeps them from riding up.

Boots are an issue, I bought him Devon aire mens boots off the rack. No they don't have the "custom" fit look, but then he isn't showing Grand Prix. If he was showing upper levels we would have to invest in the pricey boots, but otherwise either mountain horse or Devonaires are actually pretty decent for mid level showing.

Reasonably priced jackets are also hard to find, I found him one at Greenway Saddlery (they seemed to have a fair selection of mens jackets).

Good luck.

re: the older Harry Halls, my old trainer had a man show up for a lesson in those, and apparently he "forgot" his tighty whities. Every woman in the place jumped on the trainer (a man) and said "you need to set him straight on appropriate attire". EWWWW.