PDA

View Full Version : Neiderssus saddles - wide twist?

EqTrainer
Feb. 13, 2011, 01:21 PM
I have been riding a clients horse in her neidersuss saddle and my seat bones are *killing* me. Does anyone know if this saddle has a wide twist? I usually know when they are as the pain usually begins immediately and is excruciating... It doesnt * feel * particularly wide to me and I am effective in it, the pain seems to start later, sometimes hours after I ride him.. But only after him!

Mary in Area 1
Feb. 13, 2011, 03:09 PM
No, they do not have a wide twist, unless the tree has been widened very drastically. They DO NOT have a super-cushy seat, though, as many newer saddles do. They have more of an old-fashioned harder seat, which makes them hold up for many more years of use, but some find them less comfortable.

ctanner
Feb. 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
Niedersuss is on a polymer tree, two sizes 16.5 and
17.5. They move the tree nail for the 17" same tree as the 17.5. If you are uses to wood trees, it's probably the polymer that is bothering her.

Schiffon
Feb. 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
Agree with the above. For me, everytime I would go back to riding in this saddle after time off for some reason, the ouchy feeling would go away after the 3rd or 4th ride. After that, I considered it a "comfortable" saddle.

EqTrainer
Feb. 13, 2011, 08:41 PM
Interesting replies, thank you everyone. The tree issue maybe explains why the pain is not immediate while I am in it? Strange. Unfortunately I dont ride this horse enough to get used to it, will try one of mine on him and if it fits, start using that when I do.

Ouch!

ASB Stars
Feb. 13, 2011, 09:57 PM
I found the same thing to be true when I started on one- well, a Looonnng time ago. The one I have now has a wide tree, and I will say that it does tell you where to sit...exactly. But I loff them!

You are just too damn skinny. That is obviously the problem. :winkgrin:

EqTrainer
Feb. 13, 2011, 10:07 PM
Haha, send me some gluten free twinkies!

shawneeAcres
Feb. 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
I LOVE my Neidersus Symphonie! But no it does not have a wide twist at all.