PDA

View Full Version : Goodman sponsoring Exquis World Dressage Masters

jody jaffe
Feb. 11, 2011, 09:38 AM
This is the man sponsoring your event:

Polo club founder John Goodman can continue to argue that the man he struck and killed in a Feb. 12 car accident, 23-year-old Scott Wilson, may be partially liable for the fatal accident for now, but that may not last for long, a judge said this morning.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/judge-polo-mogul-allowed-to-argue-crash-victim-997658.html

Moments after allegedly slamming a car into a canal in February, Wellington polo mogul John Goodman used his cell phone to call a personal assistant instead of calling 911, according to cell phone....

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-08-20/news/fl-polo-goodman-phone-20100819_1_fatal-wellington-crash-lisa-pembleton-goodman-s-bentley

suzy
Feb. 11, 2011, 11:25 AM
I do, in theory, believe in innocent until proven guilty but...

leaving the scene of a serious accident...
calling your personal assistant instead of 911...
trying to blame the victim!

I hadn't planned on going to the Masters, but if I had been, I would now be boycotting it.

jody jaffe
Feb. 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't go either -- and I would write the folks that are running the event to tell them why.

Yes, innocent until proven guilty, always. Except why are the wheels of justice moving at the speed of evolution? This happened last year and won't be tried until May.

jj

spirithorse
Feb. 11, 2011, 12:15 PM
Remember Ted Kenndy's little incident where a woman died.

Velvet
Feb. 11, 2011, 12:27 PM
Remember Ted Kenndy's little incident where a woman died.

Ah, Chappaquiddick. For those who don't know about it, take a look on Wikipedia (for once the information is mostly correct).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy

Mardi
Feb. 11, 2011, 09:39 PM
It's not just Goodman's show. Other people have worked behind the scenes
to get this prestigious show back on schedule, and Wellington Classic Dressage now has a 3 year contract to manage the event.

ShannonLee
Feb. 11, 2011, 09:52 PM
IPC is helping to sponsor this event that would not be here otherwise. Many many other sponsors and people are working hard and spending money to save and keep this prestigious event on this side of the Atlantic.

Please don't boycott it because of an unrelated and very tragic event.

Plantagenet
Feb. 12, 2011, 08:30 AM
IPC is helping to sponsor this event that would not be here otherwise. Many many other sponsors and people are working hard and spending money to save and keep this prestigious event on this side of the Atlantic.

Please don't boycott it because of an unrelated and very tragic event.

ditto

suzy
Feb. 12, 2011, 10:39 AM
Good points re: the other sponsors. And, if it makes you feel any better, I can't go anyway. ;)

It's a tragic story, though, and I hope justice prevails.

jody jaffe
Feb. 12, 2011, 01:50 PM
here's the link to the news story, it doesn't say anything other than "International Polo and Goodman will pay for the event."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/fl-wellington-dressage-event-20110208,0,1817810.story

ShannonLee
Feb. 12, 2011, 06:06 PM
Steffen Peters sponsor is one of the larger sponsors, I believe, and there are smaller ones coming on board.

ShannonLee
Feb. 12, 2011, 06:08 PM
Here's part of a press release:

WDM was moved to the Jim Brandon Center with backing by IPC and Akiko Yamazaki, owner of Ravel, after Equestrian Sport Productions canceled the event for Palm Beach International Equestrian Center citing a lack of top European riders that could attract enough spectators to offset the costs of transporting and housing horses, riders and grooms.

Steffen Peters of San Diego, California, and Ravel, winner of two individual medals at the World Equestrian Games in Kentucky last year, and ranked 4th in the world head up the list of entries for the event.

Sweden’s Tinne Wilhelmsson-Silfvén, the 20th ranked rider in the world, who is spending the winter in Florida with a stable full of horses including her top mount, Favourit, is also scheduled to compete. Tinne is the rider for Antonia Ax:son Johnson, who heads up the Swedish-based Axel Johnson Group that has extensive business interests in Europe and North America and Monday was named presenting sponsor of the WDM series through 2014.

Canadian Olympian Ashley Holzer and Pop Art, a combination that like Steffen and Ravel has competed in the two previous World Dressage Masters events in Florida, is ranked No. 23 while U.S. WEG team member Tina Konyot of Palm City, Florida, and Calecto V are ranked 28th.

Among the combinations in Europe that have indicated their intention to compete are Germany’s Carola Koppelmann and Le Bo (No. 31) and Anja Plönzke and Le Mont d’Or (No. 34), who competed at WDM Palm Beach in 2010; Michal Rapcewicz and Randon (No. 33) and Katarzyna Milczarek and Ekwador (No. 39) of Poland; Italy’s Valentina Truppa and Chablis (No. 41); Christa Laarakkers and Divoza Horseworld Ovation (No. 43), who competed in Palm Beach last year, and Denmark’s Anne van Olst and Exquis Clearwater (No. 56) who competed at the 2009 WDM here.

Anja and Le Mont d’Or also lead the Nürnberger Versicherunggruppe Rider Rankings that award €25,000 ($US34,000) to the winning rider of the series after the World Dressage Masters in Munich, Germany.

In addition to Palm Beach and Munich, the other two venues are Falsterbo, Sweden and Hickstead, England.

LINKS
Translator

Translate to: