PDA

View Full Version : My first passage!!!

Reddfox
Feb. 9, 2011, 09:53 PM
Well, just a few steps of it - but OMG, BEST. FEELING. EVER!

Had a great lesson today, just wanted to share with people who would share my enthusiasm! Rode my teacher's stallion for the second time today - my position work paid off!

I went from not being able to sit his trot and barely being able to get him to canter to practicing my first lead changes and sitting well enough for my teacher to allow me to ask for a bit of passage! Ok, so it was only for a few steps, and on the video - before I disabled the sound - you can hear me giggling like mad...but then I get it again and you can see just a few steps. BUT, it's enough for me to have felt it and now next time, I can tell the difference between a "muddy" passage and a true passage! Also, finally figured out my hips for the lead changes...First couple were ick, and by the end, we were on!
YAY!

I am floating on air right now!!

kaluha2
Feb. 9, 2011, 11:06 PM
Yeah! I'm really excited for you. Isn't ot great when something finally clicks and you find yourself doing something really great like, well, passaging around the arena. Enjoy, enjoy.

Kandu-it
Feb. 9, 2011, 11:26 PM
Isn't it great fun?!

Tasker
Feb. 10, 2011, 06:24 AM
Congratulations! :D Enjoy!!!! It really is THE BEST feeling isn't it??? :D :D :D

princessfluffybritches
Feb. 10, 2011, 09:11 AM
Very nice! I'm sure you're proud!

purplnurpl
Feb. 10, 2011, 09:56 AM
what is the stallion?
he looks to be Andalusian ish?

Reddfox
Feb. 10, 2011, 10:04 AM
Not -ish :) He is a purebred Andalusian. The school master that I normally ride is a TB, so this was a treat!

ridealot
Feb. 10, 2011, 10:23 AM
Congrats!!!! It is a great feeling :)

Bugs-n-Frodo
Feb. 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
Awesome! What a great opportunity you have to with your trainer! He's a lovely horse!

rprincess73
Feb. 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
Isn't it the BEST feeling!!! I join you in the "giggling like mad". My boy did it for about 8 steps down the long side...and I just couldn't stop beeming and cracking up!

CONGRATS!

Oberon13
Feb. 10, 2011, 12:43 PM
Yay! That was fantastic!

bluemooncowgirl
Feb. 10, 2011, 12:44 PM
Great work. Loved watching the video!

EasyStreet
Feb. 11, 2011, 04:10 PM
Congratzzz! How wonderful it must feel...I can only imagine!!

in_the_zone
Feb. 18, 2011, 11:23 AM
Since passage is the last thing put on a horse, most riders will never get the opportunity to ride it. And rarer to ride a good passage of a made grand prix horse. I didn't get to the see the video, but I can just imagine your joy! Congrats.

Sonichorse
Feb. 18, 2011, 01:24 PM
Awwwww, I'm sad I missed out on the video!

Zugabe
Feb. 18, 2011, 06:11 PM
Awwwww, I'm sad I missed out on the video!

Me too! :(

Reddfox
Feb. 18, 2011, 10:29 PM
I was reading the posts about recording and all the things people can do with videos and even though I have permission and even though I had scrubbed sound and really edited the clip, I still felt NQR about having it posted publicly so I removed it.

PM me and I'll send it if you want to see it, just a really short clip of my lead changes and a tiny bit of me inadequately riding my first passage :)