PDA

View Full Version : Now Here's a Dressage Pad with Some Bling!

Mike Matson
Feb. 8, 2011, 02:18 AM
Made in Germany. Gold braid and fringe. Thumbs up or down from the CotH fashionistas?

http://www.dressageextensions.com/ProductDetail.asp?KEY=2614

rizzodm
Feb. 8, 2011, 02:42 AM
It would look silly on my haflinger.

Dawn

Credosporthorses
Feb. 8, 2011, 03:46 AM
Oh geeze. That would be a no in my book.

carolprudm
Feb. 8, 2011, 09:37 AM
I can see it looking great on a Friesian, otherwise NO

Oberon13
Feb. 8, 2011, 10:13 AM
Fringe just gives me the willies. I couldn't even get into it growing up in a hunter barn where the style was the have full chaps with fringe.

alibi_18
Feb. 8, 2011, 10:32 AM
I think it would be more for the spanish and portuguese 'dressage' saddles. And more appropriate for a parade, High School Dressage show or something similar.
And from the measurements, it would run pretty big underneath my saddle.

Velvet
Feb. 8, 2011, 10:38 AM
That's not bling, that's just frilly garbage. Ewwww.... (Bling glitters. This just flops around.)

leilatigress
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:20 AM
Ok the Western Princess in me squeed in delight however I am positive Supermodel would pin her ears at such garishness. She barely tolerated the DD's purple camo pad... She actually has decent fashion sense.

scubed
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:44 AM
Uh, yuck from me.

netg
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:50 AM
Ok the Western Princess in me squeed in delight however I am positive Supermodel would pin her ears at such garishness. She barely tolerated the DD's purple camo pad... She actually has decent fashion sense.

I'm picturing the reactions I saw from horses when kids first rode bareback in fringed chaps in 4-H. Bronc time! Apparently, fringe tickles.

Not my thing at all. If someone else loves it, more power to them!

retrofit
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:52 AM
Knowing my luck, my horse would flip out at the "flies" on her flanks. :lol:
Actually that's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be from the description, but it's not for me.

Melissa.Van Doren
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:53 AM
:dead:

Petstorejunkie
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:55 AM
Bling glitters. This just flops around. :lol: So true

Love the swallowtail shape, but fringe doesn't belong anywhere except of "Dancing with the Stars" :no:
throw some rhinestones on the trim instead of fringe and i'd rock it.

Valentina_32926
Feb. 8, 2011, 01:14 PM
Thumbs down - take off the fringe and it would be OK.

MeghanDACVA
Feb. 8, 2011, 01:44 PM
YUCK.
My very conservative UL event trainer would have an absolute cow!! He already hates my blue and yellow colors.

Speaking of blue and yellow....if anyone knows of someplace I can find a white dressage pad with blue and yellow piping and trim it would be great!! I don't know if I want yellow trim and blue piping or vice versa though. Needs to be royal blue and prefer actual yellow instead of gold if possible.

But NO FRINGE!! ;-)

dwblover
Feb. 8, 2011, 06:31 PM
There should be a warning on that pad that says "For Baroque Horses With Flowing Manes Only Please!" :lol:

Luvthespots
Feb. 8, 2011, 08:37 PM
As a huge fan of fringe I have to give this pad a rating of

:no:

kimball56
Feb. 8, 2011, 08:50 PM
I think the fringe is a bit much.

princessfluffybritches
Feb. 8, 2011, 09:09 PM
Did you know you can get a matching helmet????????

.natalie.
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:06 PM
YUCK.
My very conservative UL event trainer would have an absolute cow!! He already hates my blue and yellow colors.

Speaking of blue and yellow....if anyone knows of someplace I can find a white dressage pad with blue and yellow piping and trim it would be great!! I don't know if I want yellow trim and blue piping or vice versa though. Needs to be royal blue and prefer actual yellow instead of gold if possible.

But NO FRINGE!! ;-)

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-19316&ids=135739962

Po-Po
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
Thumbs Down... :(

katie+tru
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
Looks like Arab native costume crossed with dressage.

KrazyTBMare
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:40 PM
Bling glitters. This just flops around.

<3 IT!

I saw those before and ugh GROSS.

LisaW-B
Feb. 8, 2011, 11:58 PM
Love the "flops" comment. :lol:

And, at $109+, it's even uglier. A mere pretender to the bling!

manentail
Feb. 9, 2011, 10:04 PM
No way

WW_Queen
Feb. 10, 2011, 11:21 AM
I prefer subtle bling like this one:

http://www.lipizzan.org/merchandisepages/saddlepad.html

(Although I would never own something bling-y for my horse, I love everything else in the world sparkly lol.)

Sandy M
Feb. 10, 2011, 11:48 AM
I can see it looking great on a Friesian, otherwise NO

mmmm.....yes, I envison doing a Friesian freestyle with a red, gold laced jacket, shako with a plume, plume on the horse's head, using a majorette's baton instead of dressage whip, all to the soundtrack from The Music Man ("76 trombones went the big parade.....). ROFLOL

netg
Feb. 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
mmmm.....yes, I envison doing a Friesian freestyle with a red, gold laced jacket, shako with a plume, plume on the horse's head, using a majorette's baton instead of dressage whip, all to the soundtrack from The Music Man ("76 trombones went the big parade.....). ROFLOL

My trainer and one of her clients were discussing doing a Friesian cross pas de deux. I can see it. :lol:

duecavalle
Feb. 12, 2011, 09:05 AM
hideous.

fourhorses
Feb. 12, 2011, 09:21 AM
Rats, wish they'd had those around when my older kids were using our Arab for homecoming parades/football games (had to dress kid and horse up in Alexander the Great getup due to school mascot...no the school refused to supply horse's getup).

Of course, I wouldn't have wanted to pay a hundred bucks for it -- but it would have given me an even better idea than the one I had....drat!

horseaholic
Feb. 12, 2011, 12:05 PM
All for it. Perhaps not in a show but looks like it could be fun. Wonder if it helps the look of movement?

ridealot
Feb. 13, 2011, 09:38 AM
Unless I am doing a baroque demo or trying to dress up like a Knight with all my armour etc........ but otherwise I would not even think about it.

NowThatsATrot
Feb. 15, 2011, 10:45 PM
Um, maybe if I were still doing parades on a regular basis. But even then, not for THAT price!

mp
Feb. 16, 2011, 01:54 PM
Made in Germany. Gold braid and fringe. Thumbs up or down from the CotH fashionistas?

Only if the rider is wearing pasties and a jewel in the navel.

Otherwise, no.

Jessica M
Feb. 16, 2011, 09:32 PM
^ Haha very funny!!
I would never wear fringe - why would I make my horse wear it??

cleozowner
Feb. 17, 2011, 10:07 AM
I could buy a $30 saddle pad and sew $10 worth of trim on it...$60 profit!

SillyHorse
Feb. 17, 2011, 10:26 AM
Absolutely hideous. I don't like the look of swallowtail pads to begin with, but this is just common and vulgar. :dead:

MLD
Feb. 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
Absolutely hideous. I don't like the look of swallowtail pads to begin with, but this is just common and vulgar. :dead:

This