PDA

View Full Version : Re: Helmets-gotta see this

princessfluffybritches
Feb. 5, 2011, 07:53 PM
I love it!

www.hideahelmet.com

whicker
Feb. 5, 2011, 08:12 PM
What a great idea for the dressage/carriage/have fun folk! I can see this for spring to keep the sun out of my eyes.

ThreeFigs
Feb. 5, 2011, 08:18 PM
I opened the link fully expecting to find the products hideous. Surprise! They're cute!!!

I doubt the purple one with the feathers would fly in the dressage ring, though!

princessfluffybritches
Feb. 5, 2011, 09:20 PM
Doesn't remind you of Kentucky Derby Day? Just need a mint julep, LOL.
I'd like to see it become a big fad, with the helmet controversy , LOL. I'm thinking of getting one!

horsefaerie
Feb. 5, 2011, 10:09 PM
Oh, I want the purple one!

Should look utterly fantastic on my size 7 5/8 inch helmet!

Quibbler
Feb. 5, 2011, 10:13 PM
Doesn't remind you of Kentucky Derby Day?

Oh I totally agree!

I think it's an intriguing idea. Those ones are cute, but not enough for me to buy one yet.

Do they have anything out there styled like a top hat with a helmet underneath? That might be an interesting idea, though I wonder if it would start getting too bulky.

yaya
Feb. 5, 2011, 10:41 PM
Do you think they'd kick you out of warmup with one of those on? Hey, as long as you take the cover off before going in the ring, you ARE still wearing an approved helmet!

Foxhound
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:00 AM
I opened the link fully expecting to find the products hideous. Surprise! They're cute!!!

Same here. Looks far less moronic than that fake top hat cover that was in Dressage Today a few months back. A lot cheaper, too, as IIRC that one was at least a few hundred dollars.

Velvet
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:17 AM
Those are UGLY!! Makes the bobble head even more pronounced. Ewwww....

ThreeFigs
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:26 AM
I agree, Foxhound. The tophat covers and Western helmet covers for helmets are some of the most ludicrous looking things on earth.

I don't know why these things work (IMO), but the creator has managed to make these covers whimsical and fun!

princessfluffybritches
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:33 AM
Velvet, maybe bobble head will become a fashion!

I personally miss the image in my head of riding with long blond flowing hair in the breeze-even tho my hair is short, LOL. I am thinking of gluing some long flowing hairpiece to under the band inside the helmet, and applying bright red lipstick, and maybe enhancing my bosoms so that the bobble is grabbing attention elsewhere!

cmdrcltr
Feb. 6, 2011, 11:38 AM
I think they are a perfect solution for the CDE driver who wants to have a "hat" look for presentation, dressage, and cones yet still be safe wearing a helmet. In fact, a couple of them look nicer than some of the real hats I've seen in the carriage ring. There wouldn't be as much "bobble" for a driver.

Hampton Bay
Feb. 6, 2011, 02:39 PM
I want a giant straw hat one, with the HUGE brim. Maybe it'll help protect mt neck and shoulders from sunburn a bit better than a regular helmet.

princessfluffybritches
Feb. 6, 2011, 06:30 PM
I want a giant straw hat one, with the HUGE brim. Maybe it'll help protect mt neck and shoulders from sunburn a bit better than a regular helmet.

I'm with you there! Nice thing to have in Florida!

suzy
Feb. 7, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think they are rather cute. My only concern is that they block the vents which help make helmets comfortable in hot weather.

Eclectic Horseman
Feb. 7, 2011, 11:09 AM
I think that they should make a tricorn or spanish riding school style cover for all those "classical" dressage people!

Dzwina
Feb. 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
I really hope the women in the last picture is not going to Hunt like that O_o