PDA

View Full Version : Tekna saddle owners: how do the tree sizes run?

Dapples7
Feb. 2, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm going to be buying a Tekna A8 dressage saddle (suede seat) and was hoping some of the folks here who own this model could give some insight as to how tree sizes run. Are they pretty standard, or do they run big/small? My horse is round and has wide shoulders, and fitting has been a problem in the past. I think I'm probably going to go with a wide, but there is also a medium wide option which I should perhaps consider if Tekna trees run big.

Thanks so much! :)

rlmatherly
Feb. 2, 2011, 08:26 PM
I have been looking at this saddle as well and would love to hear reveiws and comparisons to other brands. Haven't been able to locate a saddlery that does test rides on these either. Anyone else?

MelanieC
Feb. 3, 2011, 12:28 AM
I would try this question over on UDBB -- there is at least one fitter who posts regularly over there and is knowledgeable about Teknas.

Personal Champ
Feb. 3, 2011, 10:27 AM
I have seen several of these in person.

A medium fit your average TB.

The MW was nice on a round App mare with withers.

The W was perfect on a 17h Perch. He had some withers and had massive shoulders and a broad back.

All 3 of these horses used the same width tree as in other brands (M to M, MW to MW and W to W).

M=29cm, MW=31cm, W=33cm

Hope that helps.

GoForAGallop
Feb. 3, 2011, 10:35 AM
I have been looking at this saddle as well and would love to hear reveiws and comparisons to other brands. Haven't been able to locate a saddlery that does test rides on these either. Anyone else?

I believe that the Cheshire Horse in Keene, NH (and Saratoga, NY) may ship them out for test rides.

More importantly, they have the CHEAPEST Tekna saddles....the A8 dressage comes in around $475 if I believe, which is hundreds of dollars cheaper than I've seen anywhere else.

Also, if you're relatively local, sign up for their mailing list. They have bi-monthly (or so) sales and send out postcards with coupons....usually for 15 or 20% off, saddles included, so you can get that Tekna for a whopping good deal.

http://www.cheshirehorse.com

GoForAGallop
Feb. 3, 2011, 10:37 AM
My mistake, a quick check of their website reveals that the dressage model is $525 now. But all of the other online places have it for over $700.

Dapples7
Feb. 3, 2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all the help! Gallop, that price is way less than the store I was about to purchase from, so thank you for posting the link!

In case anyone is interested, I managed to track down the US Tekna rep. She has been SUPER helpful with sizing and looking at my horse's wither tracings. Her e-mail address is

klsmith@englishridingsupply.com

I'm very excited about trying this saddle. :D