View Full Version : Dressage Stick Figure: Suggestions for a pendant

Clever Pony
Feb. 1, 2011, 12:48 PM
So, my father is a jeweller and since he is a runner, he makes these lovely pendants of a stick figure runner. After years of telling myself I needed to get my father to make me a horse version, I'm finally getting around to it.

My problem? I need something to turn into a pendant! My ideal pendant would be a stick figure dressage horse. All I need is picture of this, but google seems to be failing me. Can anyone be of assistance?

Or is there something else you've always wanted to turn into a pendant and you could pass along as a suggestion?

Feb. 1, 2011, 01:10 PM
There are some inspirations here... I imagine it's hard, since you want a horse round, to get stick art just right!

But really, what a NEAT idea!

Feb. 1, 2011, 01:43 PM
Something is striking about the idea of the legs in the shape of a half pass, maybe the swing of the barrel is the top of the pendant, then the four legs and their lovely angles and relationships to each other. It may end up looking like a chinese character but I've tired of looking at horse's heads in profile, which is all that's featiured in jewelry. We aren't to ride the head but we do love to use it too much and too often

Feb. 1, 2011, 03:36 PM
Here is one that is just the head

Feb. 1, 2011, 03:49 PM
And some other jewelry here:

Feb. 2, 2011, 06:08 PM
No pic suggestions, but I know I would really like something that showed a canter - it seems dressage jewelry has lots of HP, Ext trot, and canter piros.... what about a nice canter? After all, it has been called "the horse's gift to man."

Feb. 2, 2011, 06:40 PM
This immediately made me think of this particular Etsy seller who does a lot of "stick horse" prints... check it out, maybe it'll give you some inspiration: http://www.etsy.com/shop/giddyupstudio?section_id=5362500

Clever Pony
Feb. 2, 2011, 09:02 PM
PeanutButterPony, I entirely agree about the horse head. Its been overdone. I'm looking for something that will be a bit unique. I love the idea of the half pass, I just don't think I'm artistic enough to design that myself!

I wish I was creative enough to do something with those pieces of art VanEq! I've seen them before and always drool over them, but I don't think they'd directly translate into jewellery!

Feb. 3, 2011, 12:39 AM
what about something like this:

Feb. 3, 2011, 01:06 AM
This is a tattoo design on DeviantArt that could make for a really cool necklace if you connected the lines: http://dileany.deviantart.com/art/Piaf-tattoo-42436283

Feb. 3, 2011, 01:11 AM
What about the chestnut horse at the top of this thread advertising stallions?

Feb. 3, 2011, 10:07 AM
Perhaps some inspiration from the folks who form horse shoe nails into mini horse sculptures

Do let us see the results of your project!

Feb. 3, 2011, 10:45 AM
What about the half pass from behind.
Kinda like a violin shape, so wish I had the talent to draw.... I can't find a pic of what I am talking about either. :(

Front one, spent a few hours trying to make a stick fig out of that and remembered I used to run screaming from art class....

Feb. 3, 2011, 04:41 PM
Here's a really cool picture of a half-pass from behind: http://i56.tinypic.com/11kffi9.jpg

Feb. 3, 2011, 08:34 PM
Check out Page 2 on dressage extentions- Piaffe and Dancing Horse pins: