PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Scottsdale Arabian Dressage FEI

Sport Horse Fanatic
Jan. 31, 2011, 09:00 PM
So I was looking at the ride times today for the Scottsdale show. When I looked at the FEI TOC, it only had two horses listed. One was OKW Entrigue and the other was Quick Silver Bey. They were both listed as showing Prix St George. I know I read on facebook that Quick Silver Bey was making his PSG debut down there, but hasn’t OKW Entrigue been showing Grand Prix since 2008? Do you think this was a misprint?

melody1
Feb. 1, 2011, 02:41 AM
Ricky is returning to the ring this year at Scottsdale after an injury. Will you be attending the show? He and Patience will also be performing their musical freestyle on Friday and Saturday nights (I believe).

Sport Horse Fanatic
Feb. 1, 2011, 06:11 PM
No, I wish I could go. Would be fun to see such great horses. I just found the website with ride times and was curious. :)

Cold Spring Farm
Feb. 1, 2011, 06:21 PM
I think there is a live stream of Scottsdale.... But unfortunately, they haven't covered the dressage and sport horse rings in the past. (but one can always hope!)

That PSG, although small...should be a great class!

melody1
Feb. 2, 2011, 12:29 AM
I think there is a live stream of Scottsdale.... But unfortunately, they haven't covered the dressage and sport horse rings in the past. (but one can always hope!)

That PSG, although small...should be a great class!

Great class indeed! I will be on the rail cheering them both on (But especially Patience and Ricky!) and taking pictures. I'll be sure to share them here if any come out well.

I had no idea that they don't cover the SH rings on the live feed. Really? They have cameras set up on the side of the ring, I just assumed that they were streaming on the web. What a shame.

Cold Spring Farm
Feb. 2, 2011, 12:46 PM
Lucky you! I've actually been looking at some airfares, thinking, " hmmmm, I could manage to get away for a few days..... ". Scottsdale right now would be a nice little break!

tallygirl
Feb. 3, 2011, 02:03 AM
speaking of the arab industry... i used to ride hunters on this circuit for a few years and my mom bred some pretty good arab mares.... was just wondering what may have happened to them if anyone knows? they werent dressage that i know of... mostly halter but maybe someone knows? HM bey amirage is one mare... HM electraphi? i forget how to spell it... =/ and bey shahntay... i should probably post this in breed horses but maybe one of you may know.. just a thought. :)

melody1
Feb. 3, 2011, 02:31 AM
Lucky you! I've actually been looking at some airfares, thinking, " hmmmm, I could manage to get away for a few days..... ". Scottsdale right now would be a nice little break!

Southwest airlines is running some sweet deals... and oh how nice 75 and sunny sounds, eh? ;)

exvet
Feb. 3, 2011, 07:56 AM
Southwest airlines is running some sweet deals... and oh how nice 75 and sunny sounds, eh?

I live just outside of Scottsdale. When I went out to feed and water this morning I chipped through 3/4 inch ice covering each of the water troughs. It is 22 degrees. The high is going to be in the low to mid 40s today. They are cancelling the pro golf tournament today due to the cold. We are suppose to get into the 60s this weekend and possibly 70 by next Wednesday but anyone who has shown or attended the Scottsdale show over the years knows the weather can bring just about anything from rain to cold to gorgeous shirt sleeve weather. Right now my crystal ball is out at the shop but if you're planning on coming on down make sure you pack/bring lots of layers.

emmalou
Feb. 3, 2011, 03:18 PM
speaking of the arab industry... i used to ride hunters on this circuit for a few years and my mom bred some pretty good arab mares.... was just wondering what may have happened to them if anyone knows? they werent dressage that i know of... mostly halter but maybe someone knows? HM bey amirage is one mare... HM electraphi? i forget how to spell it... =/ and bey shahntay... i should probably post this in breed horses but maybe one of you may know.. just a thought. :)

I'm so bored today I actually joined COTH so I could answer your question.

Bey Shahntay has quite an impressive halter show record - Res Natl Champ yearling filly, Top Ten US and Canadian futurity filly, etc. She has the same recorded owner since 98 and has two registered foals.

HM Bey Amirage wa Region 2 Champ Filly in 96 and was exported to Argentina. She also has 2 registered foals.

I don't see anything resembling HM Electraphi being bred by your mom. She's listed as breeding 14 horses - 9 mares and 5 stallions/geldings.

There was also HM Echos Heiress who went Top Ten Futurity Filly at Canadian Nationals in 98. She was also exported somewhere (doesn't say) and has 3 registered foals.

A couple of the horses she bred have done some endurance.

melody1
Feb. 5, 2011, 04:33 AM
Southwest airlines is running some sweet deals... and oh how nice 75 and sunny sounds, eh?

I live just outside of Scottsdale. When I went out to feed and water this morning I chipped through 3/4 inch ice covering each of the water troughs. It is 22 degrees. The high is going to be in the low to mid 40s today. They are cancelling the pro golf tournament today due to the cold. We are suppose to get into the 60s this weekend and possibly 70 by next Wednesday but anyone who has shown or attended the Scottsdale show over the years knows the weather can bring just about anything from rain to cold to gorgeous shirt sleeve weather. Right now my crystal ball is out at the shop but if you're planning on coming on down make sure you pack/bring lots of layers.

I have very little sympathy as I look out my window at the 8 foot snow drifts covering my windows and the weather channel is telling me that we have a high of 7 degrees! :winkgrin:

Someone from the Scottsdale area told me once that "it rains twice a year in Scottsdale: The month of August and during the show." Last year I remember one of the final days of the show, Saturday or Sunday, it was cold and rainy and overcast, but the rest of the week had been beautiful. I will still take 50 and raining over -20 windchill!

exvet
Feb. 5, 2011, 08:16 AM
No looking for sympathy just suggesting that people come dressed for anything. I moved here from the midwest and before that I lived (grew up) on the east coast. Other than an annual Easter horse show I attended several years running as a kid, I have never had so many horse shows cancelled or compromised by rain until I moved to the desert. Of course that includes the Scottsdale show. I remember the year they brought the copters in to dry the arenas, the year that my 2nd level ride time was 11:58 PM in arena 5 after being originally scheduled the day before, and the first year they had cover over arenas 4 & 5A but had two dressage arenas crammed in 5A to get classes done - all due to rain. It's just a bit ironic because it's not what I would have expected moving here from out of state, that's all. Of course after having lived here almost 12 years and officially considered one of the many desert rats, I'll be able to pick you out because I'll bet you'll be one of the ones wearing shorts and a tank top in 50/60 degree weather :winkgrin:

melody1
Feb. 5, 2011, 01:57 PM
Okay, you win, that will be me! 50s and 60s is downright tropical, pool weather if you ask me!

You do make a valid point though to dress for all conditions though. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit with that comment. Even if we are fortunate to have sunshine and 70 every day, the temperature still drops significantly at night and I remember many evenings where we were taking horses for evening walks while it was in the 40s and even I was chilly!

exvet
Feb. 5, 2011, 03:05 PM
Well why don't we both use postive vibes to will the two weeks to be sunny, glorious and in the 70s the entire time. You know in these parts it is possible and none of us here would complain a bit :D

tallygirl
Feb. 17, 2011, 02:34 AM
I'm so bored today I actually joined COTH so I could answer your question.

Bey Shahntay has quite an impressive halter show record - Res Natl Champ yearling filly, Top Ten US and Canadian futurity filly, etc. She has the same recorded owner since 98 and has two registered foals.

HM Bey Amirage wa Region 2 Champ Filly in 96 and was exported to Argentina. She also has 2 registered foals.

I don't see anything resembling HM Electraphi being bred by your mom. She's listed as breeding 14 horses - 9 mares and 5 stallions/geldings.

There was also HM Echos Heiress who went Top Ten Futurity Filly at Canadian Nationals in 98. She was also exported somewhere (doesn't say) and has 3 registered foals.

A couple of the horses she bred have done some endurance.

wow. thank you so much!! i know all the records of bey shahntay because we owned her when she went reserve national champion... i forgot all about HM echos heiress.... She bred so many that i cant remember all of them!! do you know which ones ended up doing endurance? thank you for all that info! :)