PDA

View Full Version : New to Dressage/Frustrated gets first place Training level !

nobleheartfriesians
Jan. 31, 2011, 12:08 AM
So Happy..I guess our work paid off and we were doing much better than I thought!!! THank you everyone for not letting me give up..IM hopeful again!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8222084@N08/5403611042/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8222084@N08/5403611100/in/photostream/

CZF
Jan. 31, 2011, 08:29 AM
Hey, good job!

oldernewbie
Jan. 31, 2011, 08:59 AM
Congratulations!!! See, hard work pays off! Keep it up!!!

(I have to say that it's weird to know that there are some parts of the country that a) don't have snow on the ground and b) are warm enough that you can have an outdoor show in January!)

kcmel
Jan. 31, 2011, 09:05 AM
That is awesome! Congratulations. You have inspired me!

SillyHorse
Jan. 31, 2011, 09:56 AM
Very nice. :) I also like the way you're dressed.

nobleheartfriesians
Jan. 31, 2011, 01:11 PM
Very nice. :) I also like the way you're dressed.

thank you! I had ordered a coat but it fit really funny..and not enough time to alter it. I just put a zip up althetic thing over my shirt and tie...it made my stomach look very poochy with the pockets in the front, but hey I saved almost 200 on the coat!

sadlmakr
Jan. 31, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hang in there. Looks like you are doing just fine.
Go for it.
The more you do the better you will get.
kind regards, sadlmakr

netg
Jan. 31, 2011, 04:08 PM
Congratulations!!! See, hard work pays off! Keep it up!!!

(I have to say that it's weird to know that there are some parts of the country that a) don't have snow on the ground and b) are warm enough that you can have an outdoor show in January!)

I was thinking it sure looks like my area and trying to see if I recognized the place!

Congrats, and good positive reinforcement for you to remember it may take time, but there are many great steps along the way!

EasyStreet
Jan. 31, 2011, 04:52 PM
Aww...congratz..You look super! Glad you pushed ahead! Keep going!! Look forward to seeing more from you!;)

EasyStreet
Jan. 31, 2011, 05:07 PM
BTW Nobleheart...What does your trainer have to say now???

PiaffePlease
Jan. 31, 2011, 05:28 PM
yay!! Congrats!! You look good! Looks like you are doing better than you thought. What did your trainer have to say?

RedHorses
Jan. 31, 2011, 11:34 PM
Congrats! And good for you for sticking with it. :yes:

I can see something in your action shot that may be related to the problem you mentioned in your other thread. I don't want to start a critique session, but it's literally jumping out at me having just read the other thread right before this one. You have a fairly typical hunter hand position at that moment in time. Holding the hands very low like that requires effort to keep the elbows open and wrists straight (especially in the tall bodied dressage position) which creates a rigidity in the arm that makes it very difficult for the rider to truly feel how much contact and give they have. This can create a hard, or irregular contact for the horse which in turn can create the hanging on the bit issues you mentioned before. Exercises I've done to help my hand position include riding with a crop horizontally under both thumbs (it's awkward, but for short periods it forces me to keep thumbs on top, and hands higher because it gets really awkward if my hands drop), and riding with the reins going to my elbows (not literally, but making my hands and wrists relaxed and nothing more than the connection between elbow and rein) which really helps to get that straight line between elbow and bit.

I hope you keep enjoying dressage and having fun! :D