PDA

View Full Version : Anatomical, humane ends AND elastic?

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 29, 2011, 06:22 PM
I can get the first two from BoB, but I haven't been able to find a girth that has all three features.
Just wondering if it exists before I place an order.
TIA

jcotton
Jan. 29, 2011, 07:20 PM
What do you mean by "humane ends"?

I would think elastic and anatomical would be easy.
And roller bucles are a requirement for me.

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 29, 2011, 07:28 PM
these are humane ends (http://www.franceskellybridles.co.uk/Images/Details/girths5.jpg)
They redistribute pressure equally so if you need to be 1/2 a hole tighter, you can be. they are also great for horses that have a very forward girth groove

alibi_18
Jan. 29, 2011, 07:48 PM
I thought human girth was to 'replace' the elastic ends as they say it wasn't good for the horses...so that is why you cannot find with both!

The Humane girth is one of the most comfortable girths you will come across. It offers ultimate comfort to the horse with extra latex across the whole girth. Like the Legend girth is also has the cutaway shape at the front ensuring freedom of movement for the horse. It has been especially designed without elastic to equalise the pressure across the girth straps and is perfect for horses with uneven girthing. The Humane girths complements any dressage saddle, however we do not recommend this girth is used on an event saddle.

Description of the Albion girth. Wonder why it can't be used in Xcountry?

2tempe
Jan. 29, 2011, 08:05 PM
I can get the first two from BoB, but I haven't been able to find a girth that has all three features.
Just wondering if it exists before I place an order.
TIA

i have just been girth shopping this evening for anatomical girth; can I ask what "BoB" is? Also what brand are you leaning towards? I have a big shouldered horse w/ a forward girth groove...At the moment leaning towards the prestige.

Janet
Jan. 29, 2011, 08:19 PM
can I ask what "BoB" is?
Bit of Britain
http://www.bitofbritain.com/

Showjumper28
Jan. 29, 2011, 08:36 PM
Pretty sure Arc de Triomphe has them. I spoke with them today and they said they can put that end on any of their girths. Also KL Select/Red Barn might have them...

arabiansrock
Jan. 30, 2011, 02:28 AM
for those of you who have used humane end girths what did you think of them and how did your horse like it? I am asking because I have a mare with a big shoulder and forward girth groove and was thinking of trying girth with humane end and my saddle fitter (a master saddle fitter) said that the saddle fitter society calls them "inhumane" girths and says that the cause the saddle to rock back and forth as the pressure distribtion on the girth shifts with the stride. Any thoughts on that concept?
thanks
arabsrock

Grataan
Jan. 30, 2011, 12:47 PM
I've been using them for 25 years or so, love them.

GreyDes
Jan. 30, 2011, 06:30 PM
No personal experience, but Trumbull Mountain has the Frank Baines, which has all the features you're looking for. They're also $195!

http://www.trumbullmtn.com/store/fittings/dressage-girths/frank-baines/frank-baines-humane-end-girth-black/

princessfluffybritches
Jan. 30, 2011, 08:44 PM
I bought a humane elastic ends girth and I don't like it. The girth itself bunches up when I tighten it.
I don't even like elastic really. My one horse has a felt lined girth, and the other has an anatomical leather girth.

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 30, 2011, 09:02 PM
princess where is the elastic on it?
if the frank baines is constructed the way I'm thinking there is a thick elastic that attaches from the girth to the humane ring, and then the actual humane ends are leather.

jcotton
Jan. 30, 2011, 10:14 PM
humane ends = saddleseat girth ends?

yaya
Jan. 30, 2011, 10:23 PM
humane ends = saddleseat girth ends?

Yes, same kind of ends.