PDA

View Full Version : musical freestyle music

Joannie Jumper
Jan. 28, 2011, 08:55 PM
We are putting together freestyles for some of the preteens and teens to do this spring and summer.

PLEASE share some fun pop music that will go well with tempo of a trot / canter that will make them excited to do it. Well, they are very excited to do it but I am like OK - I need some good pop music for them to dance to....

Any ideas?

SerenaGinger
Jan. 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
If this is for fun and not show, I'd try cheer music (http://cheermusicstore.com/). They have current songs, shortened, remixed and speed up that match trot tempos better than straight off the radio.

Mike Matson
Jan. 29, 2011, 12:09 AM
You may want to check out my free website www.equimusic.com (http://www.equimusic.com)

Joannie Jumper
Jan. 29, 2011, 09:37 AM
THANKS! Cheer music - never thought of that. I have the Dance CD and there were a few old 80s/90s dance songs that fit.

I even thought of some show tunes and some disney movie tunes..... I guess I need to video tape and play the music and watch.......

It is for fun - though the way they do some local shows - you can compete with your musical freestyle - ends up being sort of a little expo because usually there are like 1-2 people at those small shows with a musical freestyle.

I just thought it would be fun for them and encourage them to work on their dressage throughout the summer.

toesforward
Jan. 29, 2011, 01:19 PM
I've always thought some of this song would be such fun to see a freestyle to.
"I don't feel like dancing" by the scissor sisters.

Be sure to share the video of the freestyle once it has all come together. :D

Emy
Jan. 29, 2011, 01:28 PM
The best kid/pony kur music that I have ever heard was the "Bare Necessities" from the Jungle Book. So cute! How can one go wrong with Tuba in their freestyle? :)

Haltatx17
Jan. 29, 2011, 11:09 PM
I don't know if this is a little too "unclassy" or "poppy" but I always thought a freestyle to Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" would be pretty neat... it's different, but it could be cute for a younger group...