PDA

View Full Version : Frank Baines Dressage Saddles

Perfect Pony
Jan. 28, 2011, 06:44 PM
Trying to find a nice, reasonable, comfortable dressage saddle for a 4 year old, 14.1hh Connemara pony. I love the Trilogy saddles, but they are a bit expensive for a young pony, and the one I had looked ridiculous on her (the flaps are long, and the seat way up high with a deep seat, just did not look right on such a small pony). So, I am looking for something a little more low profile and close contact for a pony with a typical short, wide, pony back.

Doing some searches it seems like the Baines saddles are a good choice. Any feedback from those of you with them? Any pictures of the different saddles on a horse/pony?

CHT
Jan. 28, 2011, 07:13 PM
I love my Fraink Baines! I got mine as my gelding needed a custom fit, and they were recommended to me as being a maker that could meet my needs. I did the measuring myself, and spoke to Frank Baines a few times on the phone to clarify my needs and the special needs of my gelding. It was a very pleasant process.

After seeing my horse's build, they recommended two models that would suite the shape of his back, and I chose the mono flap model.

I like how the saddle was made to fit ME and my horse.

I don't have any pictures of the saddle without my butt in it, but if you want a specific photo of it, send me your email address and I can take pictures for you!

I friend bought the same model after trying mine, and was similarly pleased with the experience.

retrofit
Jan. 28, 2011, 07:28 PM
you have a PM

SBF
Jan. 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
I have two Baines - they are excellent quality saddles and fit the horses really well. They are also very comfy and place the rider in perfect balance.

mjhco
Jan. 29, 2011, 12:15 AM
I have currently 2 Frank Baines saddles. And owned a third but sold it after the horse I used it on passed on.

They are all excellent quality leather, stitching, workmanship. 2 are 12 years old. One needed the paneled rebuilt after all these years. The tree and leather are still in wonderful condition.

dalpal
Jan. 29, 2011, 09:25 AM
I've got the Capriole. Have toyed with the idea of selling it for something with a deeper seat for my newer horse.

Perfect Pony
Jan. 29, 2011, 11:43 AM
I've got the Capriole. Have toyed with the idea of selling it for something with a deeper seat for my newer horse.

Is it really shallow and close contact? Trumbell has one in my size and what I think will be her tree size for a really reasonable price. It looks very close contact.

Kit
Jan. 29, 2011, 05:37 PM
I had an Elegance. Beautiful saddle but gave my horse a lump in the middle of her back (spine). Saddler couldn't work it out. I also found it small to ride in. Normally use a 17" but found it tipped me forward. So I sold it :(

Trevelyan96
Jan. 30, 2011, 11:53 PM
Love my Baines Elegance. Comfortable for both me and my very sensitive backed horse, great workmanship. They can be hard to find used, but new ones are reasonably priced with various custom options. Both my saddle fitters approve wholeheartedly, and my horse seems to love it.