PDA

View Full Version : Superior Saddlery

jonaprag23
Jan. 28, 2011, 01:00 AM
Anyone ride in a Superior Saddlery saddle? I would love to know how they compare to a Custom or a Schleese! Thanks!

lewin
Jan. 28, 2011, 02:13 AM
I have one and love it. They are nicer than the ones from custom saddlery IMO. And I did look at Schleese but was uncomfortable with the idea that the fit of the saddle was dependant on the rep you get. The best part of Superior is that the one who makes the saddle is the one who measures and fits you and Paul is very knowledgeable. Also you are fitted for different elements as he makes the saddle which is nice.

The Buffalo leather is worth it and extremely high quality.

Pommederue
Jan. 28, 2011, 10:45 AM
I have a Superior and a Custom. Superior is far better than Custom hands down. There's no comparison IMO - they're not even in the same league.

jonaprag23
Jan. 28, 2011, 12:10 PM
Wow! Thanks for the input! I need a new saddle for my guy-my old OS Special is too rounded in the tree for him and not the most comfortable in the world! Can't wait to look at the Superior saddle!

TheHorseProblem
Jan. 28, 2011, 05:53 PM
Big raves from the people I know who have custom saddles made by Paul/Superior Saddlery.

Peggy
Jan. 28, 2011, 08:23 PM
I have heard great things about both the saddles and Paul.

SBrentnall
Jan. 31, 2011, 04:47 PM
My trainer rides in one and loves it. The only saddle maker she likes as much is Trilogy.

3s
Feb. 1, 2011, 10:57 AM
Did you know that Paul also used to work for Schleese? They have spawned a lot of their own competition over the years...Regal, DK, Equation, Superior. Of course, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say, and competition does spur the economy!