PDA

View Full Version : USEF rule and breed shows

enjoytheride
Jan. 25, 2011, 08:40 PM
I was speaking with a friend today, and wanted to find out if everyone knew and what they think of this rule as it pertains to breed shows.

Right now, as the rule is written, if you are at a breed show and show in a dressage class you must also continue to wear your helmet for any other classes you enter in. This would include saddleseat, western, trail, etc. If you don't show in a dressage class, you don't need to wear a helmet for any class.

The breed shows need to write an amendement into their rules to exclude these other classes from the helmet rule.

mjhco
Jan. 25, 2011, 08:58 PM
I am curious why this question is asked under EVENTING on COTH.

Anyway:

There is a clause in the Arabian rules that limit the 'dressage' requirements to warmup and competition for dressage. Such as legal bits, draw reins, legal saddles, whips, etc.

AR156 Dressage classes.
Dressage classes held in the Arabian Division to be conducted in accordance with
Dressage Chapter DR, except as stated herein:
1. When cross entry is permitted between Dressage and other Arabian classes at a competition,
DR121 applies only to the designated Dressage warm-up and competition areas,
or when exhibitor is actually warming-up for Dressage class.
2. Horses entered in Open Dressage classes must comply with DR121.8.

Janet
Jan. 25, 2011, 09:05 PM
Please explain what part of the new rule would require that.

enjoytheride
Jan. 25, 2011, 10:02 PM
Right now my friend can't find the exact wording of the new rule (anyone help with that?) so it is a concern they have that the new rule will over rule what they currently have in place, or that a steward will interpret it that way. So they need to clarify exactly what the new helmet rule says, if it will still be compatible with the current breed show rules, and if not, what their rule needs to change to.

If anyone has the exact wording that would really help.

The arabian rule was made for riders who want to do a show hack class in a double bridle AND a lower level dressage class in a snaffle of something else along those lines.

I'm posting it in the eventing forum because many of people people leading this rule have posted here, and the new helmet rule was posted here first.

Janet
Jan. 25, 2011, 11:42 PM
They have taken it down off the web site for some reason.

netg
Jan. 26, 2011, 11:42 AM
The USEF rep at the Arab show I was at two weeks ago (schooling my horse, not competing my OTTB!) was very clear about where the dressage areas were, and that it was only the dressage riders who were to be there, and that they were the ones specifically required to follow the rulebook rules - not any of the competitors elsewhere.