PDA

View Full Version : Questions about pine top this weekend

TXnGA
Jan. 25, 2011, 12:27 PM
Hi,

I'm gearing up for the first show of the season for me and had a few quick questions that I hope the great Cother's could answer.

1) with the new helmet rules, and not knowing when they go into effect, will hunt caps still be okay to wear at an event this weekend?

2) For some reason I'm thinking that they prefer you not braid at Pine Top- is this correct?Or should I braid (which I love braiding my horse) but if it could save me some time this weekend....

Thanks!

gahawkeye
Jan. 25, 2011, 12:44 PM
With regards to:

1) I believe the helmet rule goes into effect 03/01/2011 -- but doesn't hurt to wear a helmet with a harness. If it is required, there will probably be signs or announcements and the ring stewards might give you a hint.

2) braiding is typically DISCOURAGED at Pine Top -- Glenn would rather you walk your course one more time!

Have a great weekend -- luv PTF!

tldickinson
Jan. 25, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for mentioning the braiding!! Had no idea and I'm planning on Winter II

sarah88
Jan. 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
FYI according to this http://useventing.com/competitions.php?section=rulebook&id=2649 the rule change is effective immediately...

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 25, 2011, 07:37 PM
Have fun!!! I'll be jump judging Sunday cheering you all on!!!!

wsmoak
Jan. 25, 2011, 08:01 PM
I'm coming to groom for a friend, it will be my first time there. :D

cbsh13
Jan. 26, 2011, 02:05 AM
I will be there this weekend running my second training!! Counting down the hours working at the hospital so i can enjoy my weekend off! Pine Top always discourages braiding...however, I always braid. I hate braiding, but it makes the pictures look better b/c my horse's mane is wild even when pulled short. Also, I'm spending a lot of money and want him to look nice even if my test isn't so nice....Very excited!

wsmoak
Jan. 31, 2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the tip on (not) braiding -- my friend was _thrilled_ to skip it after driving six hours and riding two, and then trying to get two un-clipped horses (one a grey) somewhat clean.

The weather was great all weekend for this small show, hope the next one in two weeks is even better for everybody!

It was my first time at Pine Top, and the layout is nice, nothing is too far away, and everyone was very helpful.

There is a new bypass road, so if you get off I20 and go *north* then turn right, it will take you back down over the freeway and you can skip driving through town.

How did everyone do? Boyd has to be tired, I think I counted *eight* horses -- and he still took the time to discuss the Novice course with my friend when she asked her coach a question in the warmup and he overheard.