PDA

View Full Version : Cavallo Polar Tall Boots? VS Ariat Bromont?

n2dressage
Jan. 25, 2011, 04:43 AM
Anyone have them? I like the look of tall boots a bit better so I'm thinking of trading in my winter paddock boots and half chaps for some winter tall boots. Wondered if anyone had the Cavallo Polars? They look toasty with the fuzz on the inside!

Canaqua
Jan. 25, 2011, 06:25 AM
I have not seen the Cavallos around here, so I don't know anything about those. I recently picked up some Ariat Bromonts and I love them. The sizing doesn't really work for me, they only come in regular height and regular or wide calf and I need a tall/slim. So, they are a bit short and wide...couldn't show in them as I've heard some people do! They are very warm and comfortable, however. I've been fine with just regular socks under them. They broke in quickly, I had to drop my stirrups one hole for the first 3 rides, but then was able to put them back up where I usually have them as the ankle softened up and the insole compressed a little. I even wore them to work yesterday because it was -10 when I left the house and they are warmer than my normal winter boots ;).

caddym
Jan. 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
I have the cavallo's and the ariat grasmere http://www.equinenow.com/store-item-330. The cavallo's are nice, but they don't fit me well - too wide in the calf and not tall enough.

n2dressage
Jan. 25, 2011, 07:25 AM
My regular dress boots are Cavallo Grand Prix Plus sized 37,5 w/ 48cm high and 39cm wide and the Polars come in 38/38/39 so the sizing should be fine. I was worried about the sizing of the Bromont's because I do have a unusual height/calf ratio. How warm would you rate the Cavallo's? I currently ride in Ariat Brossard paddocks and Ariat Concord half chaps. They are okay but I wouldn't mind a little warmer :yes:

caddym
Jan. 25, 2011, 08:54 AM
The cavallo's are nice and plenty warm and the sheep skin in really snuggly - it makes my feet smile. But I really don't wear the boots because they don't fit. I did the best I could with their sizing and got the foor 1/2 size small so I could get a smaller calf and it just didn't work well for me. The leather is just schooling grade, but they are good looking.

I really do like the ariat grasmere. The lacing ensures that it will be snug no matter what type of breeches and socks you are wearing. My pair is at least 5 season's old, I ride 2 horses daily, and the only problem I've had is one broken lace. The ariat is not tall enough (I'm 5'9" and leggy)

The one thing I like about the cavallo as compared with the ariat is the cavallo is a little stiffer, although not as stiff as my regular boots which are Dehner's

caddym
Jan. 25, 2011, 08:55 AM
Actually, If anyone wants the cavallo's PM me the are 91/2. you can have them for shipping cost

Carli
Jan. 25, 2011, 09:08 AM
I JUST got mine in the mail. I slipped them on and they are wonderful. I will need them to break down a bit since the height was my main concern (I've got SHORT legs, but thin calves).