PDA

View Full Version : Horses are getting pretty expensive!

SillyHorse
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
http://www.oregondressage.com/news/2010/usa%E2%80%99s-betsy-juliano-pays-highest-price-for-dressage-horse-at-psi-auction/
:eek:

dwblover
Jan. 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
Gorgeous stallion, too bad I only had $800,000 to spend on a horse this year, HAHAHA!!!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jan. 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
I won't be shy, if I had the money to spend, I'd spend it on horses. Better that than jewelry and expensive clothing in my mind. :lol:

netg
Jan. 24, 2011, 11:21 PM
I won't be shy, if I had the money to spend, I'd spend it on horses. Better that than jewelry and expensive clothing in my mind. :lol:

As much as I love working with my horses myself, if I had the money to also buy something international and put a top rider on it, I would love watching it! But only after I had a horse or three I was building relationships with on my own, too. ;)

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jan. 24, 2011, 11:31 PM
:lol: If I had the money, I would have bought Totilas AND Edward Gal and brought them both to my house to teach me. Yes, Edward could still ride Toto, I could ride Toto and we could both show him and someday I would be kicking international butt...

Oh wait, there I go dreaming again. :lol: Seriously, I do want to kick butt someday, maybe I'll get there, maybe I won't but it is nice to keep that goal in mind. :lol:

suzy
Jan. 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
I *love* Riccidoff and can't wait to see George Williams competing him. Go George!!!

2tempe
Jan. 25, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm afraid I would have to bring him into my bedroom at nite to make sure he didn't hurt himself. (That would be Riccidoff, not George....:winkgrin:)

Calhoun
Jan. 25, 2011, 06:20 PM
wowzer, she dropped $1,627,000 on 2 horses at one auction.

in_the_zone
Jan. 26, 2011, 01:40 PM
Thank you people-with-money for bringing yet another lovely stallion to our country! I would like a breeding...or 2!

2tempe
Jan. 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
Thank you people-with-money for bringing yet another lovely stallion to our country! I would like a breeding...or 2!

I have heard that the stallion has been gelded..........:(

MysticOakRanch
Jan. 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
Lovely horse - but really, he's quite cheap compared to Toto:lol::lol: A virtual bargain! Quite wonderful to see another quality stallion coming to the US!

RougeEmpire
Jan. 26, 2011, 04:09 PM

Gelding doesnt mean much anymore. MANY stallions these days are collected and frozen prior to being sniped. There is no reason anymore that a top gelding can't sire great offspring! There is also no reason to keep so many great stallions intact when they can be collect and frozen. Does limit the number of potential offspring but Im all for quality over quantity any ways!

SillyHorse
Jan. 26, 2011, 09:13 PM
Yes, if it's not yet been done, then soon.