PDA

View Full Version : Cyndi just got her bronze medal!

Sonesta
Jan. 23, 2011, 02:54 PM
I'm here working at the Houston show. COTH's own cyndi just got her bronze on her homebred mare, Flying Colorz. Congratulations!

cyriz's mom
Jan. 23, 2011, 03:33 PM
From probably the only other "Cyndi" in Texas, CONGRATS!!!!

GimmeQs
Jan. 23, 2011, 04:24 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Bogey2
Jan. 23, 2011, 04:35 PM
Congratulations!!

JRG
Jan. 23, 2011, 04:38 PM
Woooo!!! Congrats. Be thrilled!

exvet
Jan. 23, 2011, 06:18 PM
Congratulations!

Sonesta
Jan. 23, 2011, 06:33 PM
Just got home. LONG DAY! But I have to say that they looked great!

ThreeFigs
Jan. 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
Great news! Good for you, Cyndi!

dwblover
Jan. 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
Congrats from someone about to embark on a journey for a bronze as well! I hope to feel what Cyndi is feeling right now someday!!!:D

inca
Jan. 23, 2011, 10:27 PM
Congrats!!!!!

cyndi
Jan. 23, 2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks everyone! It's been a long journey - as my husband said today (husbands always have a way of bringing us down to earth) it only took 20 years! LOL!

And I added - about six green horses and probably $100,000 in lessons! LOL!

I am very proud of my horse Flying Colorz - she could have done it much sooner with someone else riding her! We got our second level scores in 2007when she was 7, but then, sh*t happened, in the form of several trainers moving away, months working on our own with no trainer, a fractured coffin bone, and other misc stuff.

She is out of my 'heart'' horse, Sonnys Mona Lisa+/ a half Arabian pinto mare I owned and loved for 18 years, and a champion in her own right. Her sire is the Oldenburg stallion, Frohwind. I saw her take her first breath - she was the first foal I'd ever seen born and I was scared to death!

When we finally GOT to start showing third level, it only took us four rides to get our two scores! But we still have a lot of work to do - better flying changes, better mediums and extensions, etc. No time to 'rest on your laurels' in dressage!

I have very few pictures of me riding her at shows - and none of us 'dressed up but here are some:
http://donerailfarm.com/fling2003.html

Sancudo
Jan. 23, 2011, 10:54 PM
Congrats!!!!

I am on a similar path to yours . . . got my 2nd level scores in my first try . . . back in 2007. Horse has since: broken his coffin bone, 1 suspensory, and one ligament injury, all during consequent show seasons. I'm hoping to get him back to 3rd for one last try this spring, or semi-retire him due to his ringbone. Right now he's going great though.

Also, I have a half arab/oldenburg mare who's had several Frohwind foals!

Can't wait to be in your shoes, hopefully with my guy, who's not a homebred, but I did start with him Training test 1, half his lifetime ago, lol.

PiaffePlease
Jan. 23, 2011, 11:06 PM
Congrats!! Beautiful horse!!

cyndi
Jan. 23, 2011, 11:43 PM
Congrats!!!!

I am on a similar path to yours . . . got my 2nd level scores in my first try . . . back in 2007. Horse has since: broken his coffin bone, 1 suspensory, and one ligament injury, all during consequent show seasons. I'm hoping to get him back to 3rd for one last try this spring, or semi-retire him due to his ringbone. Right now he's going great though.

Also, I have a half arab/oldenburg mare who's had several Frohwind foals!

Can't wait to be in your shoes, hopefully with my guy, who's not a homebred, but I did start with him Training test 1, half his lifetime ago, lol.

SMALL world - we also got our second level scores on our first time out...good thing I didn't know in 2007 it would take us 4 more years to get those third level scores! I also have a half Arab, half Oldenburg colt by Frohwind, Faxxsimile+++/. I bought him when he was 8 months old..he's coming 6 now. I was hoping he would be around 15.2 - he's 16.2!! And I am 5 feet tall! ... here are some pics of him:
http://donerailfarm.com/faxxsimile.html

GallantGesture
Jan. 24, 2011, 12:19 AM
Congratulations Cyndi! What a beautiful mare! I love all your pictures, and I really enjoyed reading your training journal. It actually gives me much hope, as my boy and I are still at that "very excited about changes" phase, and as thrilled as I am that he's getting them, I really wish he'd wait for me! It's good to hear we aren't alone, and reading how you and Fling progressed through the various stages of training was helpful. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your lovely girl!

MysticOakRanch
Jan. 24, 2011, 12:06 PM
Congratulations! She is adorable - and it is so much more special when you bred and raised her yourself!!!

leilatigress
Jan. 24, 2011, 12:27 PM
Congrats! I wanted to go to the show yesterday and just did not happen.

EasyStreet
Jan. 24, 2011, 12:50 PM
Fantastik...CONGRATZZ!