PDA

View Full Version : Albion Brentina saddle

quietann
Jan. 23, 2011, 12:57 PM
Just wondering what experiences people here have had with the Albion Brentina saddle. This is the model "designed for" DebbieMcD, who is quite petite, so the saddle is supposedly made for the shorter rider. At 5'1 1/2, that's me :cool:

I went to sit in a used 18M Brentina at Pelham Saddlery yesterday (just up the road from my barn, so it's pretty dangerous!) and loved it. Unfortunately, the medium tree will not fit my mare, but now I have this model on my list of "saddles to try" when maresy is rehabbed. She is fairly easy to fit; she has good withers and a broad flattish back. She currently has a 17 MW Albion Style, which fits her well and is by g-d the most comfortable saddle I've ever ridden in, but it's always been a tiny bit small for me and I've definitely outgrown it :cry: (I bought it while rehabbing from injuries, when my criteria were 1. fits my horse and 2. allows me to ride without pain. Did not care about position etc. but now that I am better, that's changed.)

ETA: I know that Debbie McD doesn't actually ride in a Brentina saddle, but a custom Hennig. The horse I take lessons on has a custom Hennig, and while it's a fabulous saddle, they're way out of my price range, even used.

AmericaRunsOnDunkin
Jan. 23, 2011, 10:33 PM
I thought Trilogy had the Debbie McDonald saddle? Or maybe Albion has the Brentina, and Trilogy has the Debbie? Regardless, maybe the Trilogy is one you should try sitting in too. Good luck on the saddle hunt! You can also try looking for used saddles at trumbullmtn.com. They are up in Vermont.

By the way, I may also be in the market for a saddle and your Albion 17" MW may just be perfect for me! If you think of selling it, please feel free to contact me. I am fairly close to you.

EventMore
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:25 AM
I have an Albion Brentina MW 17.5 and love it - sorry it's not for sale! I'm petite and a bit round and it's perfect. Taller, thinner folks who have tried it love it too, though, so I'm not sure it's designed especially for we Debbie types. :)

vanillabean
Jan. 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
I ride in one of the Trilogy Brentina saddles and it is really uncomfortable for me. Granted, I am tall but the seat is wide and hard! Just tried another Trilogy and thought the same thing. The Albions always seem to have a cushier seat though!

FEI1Day
Jan. 25, 2011, 03:59 PM
I sold my Albion SLK Ultima - Brentina model. I hated it, the seat was just too wide for me, I'm fairly fit at almost 5'6" with long legs. I have a new Trilogy, NOT the Debbie M model and love it! I do still have an Albion SLK Ultima - Bijoux model for my GP horse that I adore, my new Trilogy Verago is similar in feel/balance but the Trilogy seat might be even more comfy.

BigBayBoy
Jan. 30, 2011, 09:37 AM
I have a 17.5 MW Albion Brentina. Love it. It fit my 17.2 hand horse and my 5'2" frame perfectly. It always put me in a good position and my horse was always comfortable.

Now that my horse is retired, I haven't decided if I should keep it for my next horse (who is currently a weanling) or sell it and see what's available once the baby is old enough to ride. It seems used saddle prices are going down and new saddle prices are going up. :(