PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in NE for the Winter?

GimmeQs
Jan. 22, 2011, 09:04 AM
I apologize because I know there are several threads about trainers who are in New England. I'm looking at NEDA's flextime list to find a trainer to ride with for a day or two - my friend and I have started a trend of taking her trailer a couple hours in all directions in NE to have a lesson or two with somebody different then our normal trainer, just for fun and to spend big bucks!
We rode with Jane Hannigan last time, who was fantasic, but I'm unable to get in contact with her now.
So I am looking for somebody new, but lots of people are in Florida (maybe Jane :confused: ).
Any one know who is NOT in Fl? Do the Bills go there?
It sounds like Jan Williams stays up north but I don't know much about her (any info?).
I'm also thinking of Jane Karol of Bear Spot Farm.

Thank you!

HopperVal
Jan. 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
Lyn Fonzo of Hatfield Corner Stables.

I'm not sure if she's in FL or not though... I think she passed on it this year so I think you're in luck :)

hatfieldcornerstables.com

Dawn J-L
Jan. 22, 2011, 10:21 AM
I know that Joy Congdon (http://www.joycongdondressage.com/) is here in VT over the winter

coldwinter
Jan. 23, 2011, 05:08 PM
Jamie Fell is really fun to ride with and has nice horses to ride if you can't trailer your own. Her prices are very reasonable, too! She, too, is in Vermont.

www.fell-vallee.weebly.com

CapitolDesign
Jan. 24, 2011, 10:17 AM
If it helps, I would encourage you to follow your idea of signing up with Jane Karol. Not only does she have the technical skills, as an FEI trainer, but also has the teaching skills - a combination that can sometimes be hard to find in this sport. Additionally, Jane has children and a PhD in Psychology, which (I believe) translates into very clear, empathetic teaching.

I am sure many in the area would be willing to give her a reference. PM me if you have any other questions.

chancellor2
Jan. 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
Dot Demis in Townsend is EXCELLENT. Website is www.settlementfarm.net

Dale Area 1
Jan. 24, 2011, 09:04 PM
Both Bills are in FL, but they do come back monthly for lessons, so check with Drywater Farm. Kelli Kinney in Pepperell, MA is great and she stays home for the winter. Check www.Jestabitfarm.com Worked with Kelli starting my young horse and she is great :)

Xfactor
Jan. 25, 2011, 07:42 AM
Danielle Gavriluk is wonderful.
Her farm is Saltmarsh Farm...if you google you'll find it.
Beautiful horses, lovely woman, talented instructor/trainer.

GimmeQs
Jan. 26, 2011, 05:04 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions! Through here, I was able to reconnect with Jane Hannigan. But after that, I'd love to check out some of the others you have mentioned!

quietann
Jan. 26, 2011, 10:48 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions! Through here, I was able to reconnect with Jane Hannigan. But after that, I'd love to check out some of the others you have mentioned!

Good :) She's around; I take lessons at her barn, from another person who boards her horse there, and I see her every week. Nice woman and she's dealt OK with a couple of times when I've gotten in her way.