PDA

View Full Version : brown boots?

sarah88
Jan. 21, 2011, 07:09 PM
I have seen men competing in xc with brown boots but was unsure if it was acceptable for women to wear brown field boots as well? I saw a pair in my local consignment tack shop recently and would love to find them (not that I can afford new customs but if i see something on Ebay or in the consignment shops...) ( i did a quick search and didn't see that this had been addressed, sorry if it has) Thanks!

n2dressage
Jan. 22, 2011, 05:47 AM
You can wear brown. It's becoming popular in dressage to have brown dress boots. I have a pair of semi-custom Cavallos in a lovely dark brown :D

Black Points
Jan. 22, 2011, 10:51 AM
I wear my brown Mountain Horse tall boots for XC all the time. I love them and don't worry if they get dirty. I keep them clean but they're not shiny like my black dressage boots. Of course my XC colors are brown and red which is another reason I like the brown boots.

I have not worn them for dressage but have worn them for stadium when it runs before xc.

Mary in Western NY
http://www.BPEquine.com

Fancy That
Jan. 22, 2011, 11:37 AM
Though it's a male, the rider on the cover of Practical Horseman is rocking cool brown boots! (Jumper)

I love them!

Trakehner
Jan. 25, 2011, 07:50 AM
I showed x-country and jumpers in my 3-buckle brown field boots from Dehner. They're great and comfortable (like the look too!). http://www.dehner.com/pics/largephotos/3buckle_fieldboot_large.jpg

Remember, Han Solo wore these boots at the very end of Star Wars when they were getting their medals...well, he did.

Highflyer
Jan. 25, 2011, 10:06 AM
There were some really gorgeous used brown Dehners in my size at Maryland Saddlery the last time I was there. I couldn't quite justify it, but it was tough to walk away!

tarheelmd07
Jan. 25, 2011, 10:33 AM
I have a lovely pair of brown field boots that I actually wore for dressage last year with a brown tweed coat (as both are legal under the rules for dressage attire at a HT). I was riding a very coppery chestnut - and I thought we looked pretty polished :)

ltmac
Jan. 25, 2011, 02:49 PM
I quite like both the brown and black!

eventamy
Jan. 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
I used to have a dun colored Connemara and always fantasized about wearing brown boots with navy and cream!! I thought that would look pretty flashy!