PDA

View Full Version : stock pin- real bling, $$$ $

2ndyrgal
Jan. 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
So.... my DH got me a fabulous graduated hearts on fire diamond pendant for Christmas. I don't really do necklaces, so....

I had it made into a stock pin. About an inch long vertical, 5 diamonds you will be able to see from across the arena. Killer pin fastener (it won't go anywhere, believe me). Question is, would you wear it to show?

wildlifer
Jan. 20, 2011, 04:06 PM
What's the point of having it if one doesn't wear it?

amm2cd
Jan. 20, 2011, 04:08 PM
I second wildlifer....

It's not tacky until you get spurs, stirrups and a browband to match!

Ibex
Jan. 20, 2011, 04:13 PM
Just make sure it's REALLY firmly attached! And post pictures!

scubed
Jan. 20, 2011, 05:16 PM
ditto

PiaffePlease
Jan. 20, 2011, 05:30 PM
Why do people always post about cool things, but dont include pictures? We want to see this bling stock pin!

HCF
Jan. 20, 2011, 06:06 PM
Absolutely! I would totally wear it.

And why do people start threads like this and not include pictures???? Isn't that the rule? We need to see!! :yes:

ETA: Sorry PiaffePlease! Didn't mean to copy your post. Didn't read thru the thread before posting!

Petstorejunkie
Jan. 20, 2011, 06:17 PM
If you aren't going to wear it, you can always mail it to me! I will :D

magienoire
Jan. 20, 2011, 07:40 PM
insure and wear it. that's what it is meant for!!!

2ndyrgal
Jan. 20, 2011, 09:17 PM
I'm really a very conservative person, there is no bling on anything else, not browband, not spurs and I don't ususally even wear earrings when I ride.

I can't post a picture yet, but the Hearts on Fire website has a picture of it, it's just a vertical pendant with square diamonds, with the largest one on the bottom. I had the "pin" put on the bottom, so it will be upside down. Our jeweler (who loves my DH btw) put a very heavy tie-tack type pin on it that was custom made so it would be both long enough and stout enough to go thru a heavy, starched, stock tie. I took my stock tie into the store after they told me it was done, so they could see what it looked like. They loved it, and so do I. It's insured, and my sister says if we ever get lost on our way to the show, we can use it to signal the space shuttle!!

Cowgirl
Jan. 21, 2011, 04:24 AM
My stock pin is an antique platinum and diamond number. Very blingy, except when you are riding it's all so far away, I'm not sure you can really see it.

Ditto on browbands. I think it's hard to get too blingy unless your bling lights up.