PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a cob-sized running martingale?

RunForIt
Jan. 20, 2011, 05:24 AM
If you do, could you measure the length of the martingale attachment? I have a full -size attachment (and two full-size breastplates); someone gave me a cob-sized breastplate, but I think the full-size attachment is still too long so I want to have it resized. I don't know how long to tell the leather person to make the attachment. Thanks! :cool:

purplnurpl
Jan. 20, 2011, 09:27 AM
If you do, could you measure the length of the martingale attachment? I have a full -size attachment (and two full-size breastplates); someone gave me a cob-sized breastplate, but I think the full-size attachment is still too long so I want to have it resized. I don't know how long to tell the leather person to make the attachment. Thanks! :cool:

I do!
geez. we are like BFF these days. :lol:
I'd just give it to you but it seems I keep getting stuck with these little horses!!
I'll measure ASAP.

deltawave
Jan. 20, 2011, 09:32 AM
The one I have is currently in a box heading for Aiken. I wish I could say the same for me! :lol:

tarheelmd07
Jan. 20, 2011, 09:55 AM
I've got one in my trailer - will try to remember to measure it tonight at the barn!

pattnic
Jan. 20, 2011, 10:30 AM
A Nunn Finer/Bartville cob size running attachment measures 17" when on the middle hole. Ovation runs the same, but my no-name cob size attachment is about 15" (which is the same as Edgewood pony size on the shortest hole).

Nelzeagle
Jan. 20, 2011, 03:45 PM
Mine is from Bevals (about 15 years ago), and measures 15". I used it on a horse that was 15'2

RunForIt
Jan. 20, 2011, 04:59 PM
I do!
geez. we are like BFF these days. :lol:
I'd just give it to you but it seems I keep getting stuck with these little horses!!
I'll measure ASAP.

I'll happily be your BFF ANYTIME!!!:lol:

Thanks to all who responded!

retreadeventer
Jan. 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
Do you need a regular cob running martingale? I got an extra.

RunForIt
Jan. 20, 2011, 07:56 PM
Do you need a regular cob running martingale? I got an extra.

Thanks, Holly, you are such a good buddy! But no, I only need the attachment and think I can easily have the one I have shortened! :cool:

Montanas_Girl
Jan. 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
When I used a full-sized running martingale attachment on my 15.1 hand Arab, we just tied knots in the forks to make them shorter. Works like a charm, no leather work required, and easily reversible if you want to use the same attachment on a bigger horse. ;)