PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Trainers near Auburn, AL

hunterrider33
Jan. 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know of any GOOD dressage trainers near Auburn, AL that would be willing to come to me for lessons?

Foxygrl516
Jan. 19, 2011, 07:21 PM
Allina Bell is an Eventer, but such an AWESOME dressage trainer!!! She does come into town some, and has a great place about 45 min away that you can trailer to for lessons. I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with her. She understands so much about how a horse is put together and how your horse works and is awesome at explaining it to you so that you can get the best work possible from your horse. My dressage score dropped 8 points after my first lesson with her because of the way she changed my riding.

Where do you keep your horse in Auburn?

hunterrider33
Jan. 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
Marlene Bowman's

That sounds great! Except i dont always have use of a trailer unfortunately :-\ Are you from the Auburn Area or trailer in? If so id be more then happy to pay for a ride :-)!

TKR
Jan. 19, 2011, 09:54 PM
If you could hook a ride -- get some lessons with Judy Pirtle, near Tuskegee. She is just a guru in dressage. Can't say enough positive about her knowledge and skills -- horses and students love her. Maybe you could get her to come do a clinic. Her farm is very nice -- SuCaro Ridge. Good luck!
PennyG

Foxygrl516
Jan. 21, 2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I have a boarding facility in Auburn near Bits N Breeches. Next time I head over to Allina's I'd love to have someone come with me! I don't go regularly, just for the occasional lesson. I just got a new farm in Auburn and several of my boarders ride with Allina. I'm hoping that when my arena is built she might be able to come out and spend a day teaching at my place atleast once a month. If you're in town you should come by the tack store today. I'm working for Sharon most of the day. I'd love to meet you!

Velvet
Jan. 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
My dressage score dropped 8 points after my first lesson with her because of the way she changed my riding.

Only an eventer would think dropping points in dressage is a good thing! You might want to speak dressage out here and say your score improved by 8 points. ;) :lol: