PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Costello Clinic

Heliodoro
Jan. 19, 2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone want to share what he's like as a clinician? I did do a search, not much came up other than he's really positive(a good thing!).

I'm seriously considering this clinic this year, but wondering if I will actually get information that I can't get at home with my trainer for much cheaper (though the fee isn't that bad!). My horse has only competed BN, but I'm planning on just going for at Novice this year (he has the scope, I was either poor or thinking we should have 800 BN before we moved up!).

I have a couple months to prepare as it's in May, but it fills FAST! Plus, I'll get to school the Stuart's grounds which I've never done before, so maybe for that alone I'll go! This would be my horse's first BNT clinic, I did one with Lucinda Green with a leased horse and ridden with mostly local trainers with Goober.

So any tips to prepare would be helpful too!

purplnurpl
Jan. 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately I didn't take much home from Bobby Costello. Great guy. Works on the same basics as everyone else. But no "ahhhh! lightbulb" moments like you may have with Jimmy Wofford.

To this day, of all the clinicians I've worked with, the one that I will always go back to is Will Coleman.

Heliodoro
Jan. 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
That's what I'm afraid of.

Unfortunately, we don't have too many ULR doing clinics nearby. I keep missing Doug Payne and Lucinda has been back again, but this clinic is a standby although it started with Philip Dutton teaching.

Coppers mom
Jan. 19, 2011, 07:17 PM
I love Bobby so much, but don't find him particulary good at giving clinics. He's a better when he's got you on a more regular basis, IMO.

Becky Rocky
Jan. 20, 2011, 05:53 PM
My daughter took private lessons with him for two years, I think he's outstanding. He is very approachable, if you grab him before and tell him your concerns, etc., and then ask questions throughout, I think you'd be quite happy with him. I feel he's gifted as an instructor.

EventerOP
Jan. 23, 2011, 04:40 PM
Last year 4 people from my farm attended a clinic with him. They all LOVED him. I watched the clinic and it was great. He was very good dealing with different students (timid or fearless) and he did a great job dealing with many different types of horses and their weak points. I would say, go for it!

wishnwell
Jan. 23, 2011, 10:51 PM
I signed my daughter up for his clinic and she loved him, learned a lot, and was approachable for her to ask questions, etc. I will say she has little experience with other clinicians but I would sign her up again.