PDA

View Full Version : Do you use technology as a training tool????

EquiChord
Jan. 18, 2011, 01:00 PM
Out of curiosity and to help work on better aids for our own educational sessions, we wanted to rate your technology "seat" when it comes to training, coaching and general information.

Do you use any piece of technology or technology service to help with your training or coaching? If so, what, and is it helpful?

If you would like to take the full survey, please follow the link below.

http://equichord.blogspot.com/2011/01/survey-making-training-and-coaching.html

Thanks!

ridingarts
Jan. 18, 2011, 01:26 PM
Survey sent!

EquiChord
Jan. 18, 2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks! Received.....Great feed back!

Velvet
Jan. 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm guessing this is to help create a better marketing tool for some mechanical horse device, or some such. :sigh:

EquiChord
Jan. 18, 2011, 04:44 PM
No it is not. As we said, it is to see where folks are at and if there is a way to "work on better aids for our own educational sessions". Thank you for bringing up a thought that I'm sure many have. If you read the articles, and visit the associated sites, you will see that is not the case. We do, however, review items we think will be helpful to us and others.

JB
Jan. 18, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'm guessing this is to help create a better marketing tool for some mechanical horse device, or some such. :sigh:

Might help if you actually read the link ;)

awolffphotog
Jan. 18, 2011, 06:56 PM
Somewhat. I have an Ipod Touch (bf got it for me free when he bought his new Mac :) and there are several useful apps. One allows me to set multiple timers, which helps for things like trot sets so I don't have to stare at my watch. I do use the EquiTempo, somewhat because I like noise when I'm riding for whatever reason and somewhat because it does help me keep tempo. The downside is that it usually just turns into noise as I can't keep adjusting the tempo between gaits. I don't know if I'd call those training tools, but I think they could be considered such. I do use the notepad on it to keep track of training notes also. I haven't found an app that I love yet, though.

caddym
Jan. 18, 2011, 07:48 PM
I use my flip to record all my lessons (it just sits "un-maned" next to my instructor) then I use imove to edit and send the important stuff to youtube and barnbynotes. I also am a memeber of dressageclinic.com and topdressage.tv and I have the USEF test and FEI tests app down loaded on my iphone

(once you go mac, you'll never go back)