PDA

View Full Version : Places to XC school close to Athens, GA

I<3Sleepy
Jan. 18, 2011, 10:25 AM
Aside from the big-name places (like USEA events) what other smaller places are there for XC schooling in the Athens area? I'd be willing to travel some too. My friend & I are looking for someplace fun & new and that might be less expensive. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Trak_Eventer
Jan. 18, 2011, 11:00 AM
Cedar Ridge Farm has a lot of stuff. Ditches and banks of all sizes and a nice water complex. Google them. Was just there yesterday! Great place.

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 18, 2011, 02:40 PM
I was going to mention Cedar Ridge too! Also, I'm not sure what's up now, but... Ashland farm has some smaller stuff and some technical stuff that isn't maxed out height, but still loads of fun. It used to be that you had to take a lesson with Ann to school it.. but I'm not sure what the deal is now.

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 18, 2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.usea3.org/content/cross-country-schooling-facilities

Haven't looked to see if there is anything other than what we already know, but....

Summies182
Jan. 18, 2011, 08:44 PM
Foxboro is in Thomson near Pinetop. It is a good place for novice maybe training and the bonus is that it is cheap. I think it is only 25.
May not be worth the trip from Athens because of gas prices being so high but it is a nice place and they have lots of jumps great for a green horse or beginner.