PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Fitters in Michigan?

RodeoQueen
Jan. 16, 2011, 04:45 PM
Hi can anyone recommend saddle fitters in Michigan and share their experience? What saddle did you buy and why? Are their independent saddle fitters who will work with variety of brands? I'm interested in used Schleese or Passier or Albion.

Has anyone out there had a saddle fitter who's good with young horses through their development?

Thanks so much!

Squirt
Jan. 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
Where about in Michigan?

RodeoQueen
Jan. 16, 2011, 04:57 PM
I'm in SW - between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.

ArabDiva
Jan. 16, 2011, 07:15 PM
Since you're in West Michigan I would get in touch with Millbrook Tack in Grand Rapids. They have at least one saddlefitter there and have contacts with several more.

Squirt
Jan. 16, 2011, 07:26 PM
You can also contact Lynnda at Classic Saddlery in Galesburg. She's fit all of my saddles and I love the way my horses go in them.

Speedy Alice
Jan. 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
There was a long thread on MI saddlefitters almost two years ago that you might find interesting:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162324

I've used Pam Omer; she did a good job w/ my hard-to-fit Liipizzan. I think Pam is going to be at Great Lakes Equestrian Center (Holland) this week, so you might contact her to see when exactly she'll be in the area if you're interested (517-655-8175).

RodeoQueen
Jan. 17, 2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks so my SpeedyAlice - this is most helpful. I appreciate the attached thread!

Quibbler
Jan. 17, 2011, 08:56 AM
PM me about Renna, if you are considering him.

ETA: He did a nice job with my own saddle, but you should be aware of some things if you use him.

Speedy Alice
Jan. 17, 2011, 10:40 PM
You're very welcome, Rodeo Queen! You'll find there are some definite opinions about saddle fitters... :)

hometowngirl
Jan. 18, 2011, 01:00 PM
Schleese Rep a good friend of mine was very, very happy with, her name Luanne Reaume 571-902-6550. Trilogy rep is Sally Dietrich have no personal knowledge of. I too and in West Michigan and going to be going one of these routes too. I have been to see Lynnda at Classic Saddlery, she fit my saddle to my mare and has tried to tweak again but the problem I don't believe is my mare but me. Would deal with Lynnda again! Good luck.

tempichange
Jan. 18, 2011, 02:12 PM
County Saddlery rep Sara Ivie services MI. She's fantastic for just that purpose.

In the process of buying a county, as I saw an immediate improvement in my horse over other brands and fitters. I like how they will work with you and stick with you and your horse throughout the years.

RodeoQueen
Jan. 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks so very much, everyone for your feedback - it's truly helpful!