PDA

View Full Version : Trainers in Lex/G-town/Paris KY?

Honu
Jan. 14, 2011, 09:40 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a trainer for my coming 6 year old mare, she needs to be finished. I was only able to green break her with the facilities where she is located. Could I get some recommendations for trainers? The catch- I just had surgery and have a huge bill to pay off so are there any trainers around $500 a month or am I crazy to think that? :) I had hoped to have found a trainer this past spring but health problems (her and me) kept me from being able to do that. Thanks so much in advance! :)

sheltoneb
Jan. 14, 2011, 11:12 PM
Whitney Morris at Morris Farm Eventing in Lexington. She turns out nice, well trained horses. I don't know if she is taking training horses or not and what her prices are. She hasn't in the past, but has done alot of buying, training and then reselling (ie she has alot of experience finishing horses). I heard she may be taking training horse. Worth a call at least.

ddashaq
Jan. 15, 2011, 06:56 PM
I second sheltoneb-- Whitney is my trainer. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with her for the last 3 years, please feel free to PM me if you want specifics. (I could go on like an infomercial but don't want to bore you!:lol:)

CookiePony
Jan. 15, 2011, 08:00 PM
COTH's own tommygirl just opened a facility. I rode with her for the short time she was in TN and she's fabulous. I have no idea what she charges but you can send her a PM through the BB.

FoxChaser
Jan. 15, 2011, 10:45 PM
You have a PM :)

*Brightside*
Jan. 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
Sent you a PM :)