PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Bezugloff, Creator of Dressage & CT Magazine Passed Away

Mike Matson
Jan. 14, 2011, 02:43 AM
Dressage & CT - the best dressage magazine ever published in the U.S.

From Facebook, Horses For Life page.
by Horses For LIFE Publications on Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 1:34pm

It is with a great deal of sadness that we announce...the passing of Ivan Bezugloff. Ivan passed away on Friday, January 7.

Ivan was the creator and publisher of Dressage & CT the inspiration of Horses For LIFE. Ivan was so tickled by this, he had us send him a hard copy of our dedication to him from our first edition, which we were delighted to do.

Dressage & CT was the first magazine that I read where I actually felt that I was challenged and every issue offered up something new for me to ponder or to learn. Ivan was more than happy to show opposing viewpoints and I think truly enjoyed the passion that some of his contributors engaged in during these debates that we the readers got to share with.

When the magazine was closed down and sold on, we were all devastated. This was the beginning of our own magazine. While we knew we would never be another Dressage & CT, we knew that we needed to pull some thing together to fill the void that Dressage & CT and Ivan had left behind.

You will have seen many articles from Dressage & CT in our own magazine as Ivan was keen to see his work live on and was happy to see these articles reprinted with his permission. With the help of some dedicated volunteers who took the time to type up the articles from Dressage & CT, we were happy that we could ensure that many of the best articles of Dressage & CT could continue to educate and help horsemen and women everywhere. If you have some old issues or some favourite articles we can always use more help and continue to share some of this wonderful material.

Please feel free to forward your condolences and we can forward them on to his wife Natasha whom I am sure would love to hear what Dressage & CT and Ivan meant to you.

DownYonder
Jan. 14, 2011, 07:06 AM
Dressage & CT was a GREAT magazine, and to my mind, has never been equaled by anything since.

RIP to Ivan.

ShotenStar
Jan. 14, 2011, 09:32 AM
The first article I ever had published and was paid for was in D&CT.

RIP Ivan.

*Star*

canyonoak
Jan. 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
Godspeed Ivan.
Your influence will probably not be equaled and your passion -- never.

ThreeFigs
Jan. 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
Agree that Dressage & CT will never be bettered.

Rest in peace, Ivan, and condolences to his family and friends.

alicen
Jan. 15, 2011, 10:52 AM
"To tell the truth, I don't really like to write a column in my capacity as the publisher of DRESSAGE & CT, since almost invariably, the subject of it will be money."
"Having said that, I have the unpleasant duty to inform our readers and subscribers that starting January 1, 1992, the annual subscription will be increased to $25.00 domestically..."

Mr. Bezugloff then went on to offer a period of grace to new subscribers and loyal renewing subscribers; as always, loyal, graceful, and mindful of the supporters of his unique magazine.

ridingarts
Jan. 15, 2011, 11:15 AM
Agree that Dressage & CT will never be bettered.

Rest in peace, Ivan, and condolences to his family and friends.

Echo what Beasmom said above - definitely a great loss. Earlier with the magazine itself, and now with Ivan. :(

CatOnLap
Jan. 16, 2011, 07:57 PM
The first article I ever had published and was paid for was in D&CT.

RIP Ivan.

*Star*

hey Me too Star, and I had such a nice couple of conversations over the phone with Ivan beforehand.

D&CT was the best American Dressage magazine ever published.

Ivan was an educated and personable fellow and added much to my learning. We could certainly use more like him, another old master gone.