PDA

View Full Version : Help with vest sizing please?

lionstigersbears
Jan. 13, 2011, 11:15 PM
I am in the market for a new vest, on a very tight budget, which pretty much leaves me with the Flex Rider vest, so here's my problem - looking at the sizing chart I would be a L in chest, a M in waist and a S in over shoulder... haha.

I actually have an older model of a Flex Rider vest that is an XS and I can get into it... it just feels small and short so I'd like to get a new one, but am confused what size would be appropriate, I am thinking go with the L, but then worry it will be too big/long?

Unfortunately my work schedule means I never catch the tack shop open it seems, so I might have to order online since I need it asap. Any thoughts on where it's ok to be 'too big' or 'too small' - the vest does look pretty adjustable...

alto
Jan. 13, 2011, 11:55 PM
Why not give Intec a call
http://intecperformancegear.com/contact_us.php
A vest slightly too small is better than slightly too large (vest will "ride up" )

I had excellent assistance from Phoenix Performance when my kid needed a vest - the tipperary eventer was the closest fit we found in local tack shops, I spoke to a rep who convinced us to go down a size, then searched through boxes to find color options & arranged to drop ship the vest :yes:

AChestnutMare&ABlonde
Jan. 14, 2011, 08:50 AM
Surprisingly enough you will usually be one or two sizes smaller than what you "should" be. When I worked at our local tack shop I had the benefit of working with both the Tipperary and the Charles Owen Reps and I found myself in a small or even a Childs XL when I usually wear a medium in everything.

Give the rep a call. The best way however would be to try it on, of course. You don't want it too long and interfering with your seat or the saddle, etc.

Good luck! :)