PDA

View Full Version : Trainer in north Georgia?

EquiTerra
Jan. 13, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hi all,

One of our young homebreds (a green 4 y.o.) is currently in north Georgia with a rider who is relatively new to eventing, but is an experienced rider (rode the hunter/eq. circuit for years).

Does anyone know of a trainer within an hour from the clarkesville/cornelia area? The Canton/Cumming/Alpharetta area would be great.

It's important that this trainer is good with bringing along young horses and it would be WONDERFUL if they had onsite xc schooling, but not required!

Thanks so much!

ETF

tres grey
Jan. 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
These three are the first that popped in my head:

Elisa Wallace - www.teamwallace.org
Lauren Weil - www.bigtimeeventing.com
Mary Bess Sigman - www.triplecreekeventing.com

RunForIt
Jan. 15, 2011, 04:42 PM
Mary Bess Sigman, - lots and lots of experience with starting greenies - homebreds and OTTBs - and bringing them successfully and sanely through the USEA levels. Her contact info is in the previous post. Bess is in Ocala for a few days but still promptly answers emails and phone calls. :cool:

Fractious Fox
Jan. 15, 2011, 05:44 PM
I've done a clinic with Mary Bess and loved her style (she helped my new to eventing and rusty self through an intro eventing clinic), and I've done XC schools as well as jumping lessons with Lauren. I like them both a lot. I rode a new-to-eventing pony, who pulled some dirty stops on XC (yeah, we parted ways a couple of times) and Lauren coached us through it really well. If these two teach green horses as well as they help eventing wannabes, you're good to go! :lol:

GiGi
Jan. 15, 2011, 11:12 PM
Mary Bess is southeast of Atlanta off I-20. To stay in the north Atlanta area Lauren Weil is excellent. So is Mary Bess, I xc with her as much as I can, but just keeping to your geographical preference, Lauren is in your area.
www.bigtimeeventing.com

dignified
Jan. 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
Nick Cwick is in Newnan, Georgia. He is a great rider and teacher and has brought many green horses up the levels. I would definitely send my horse to him. You can learn more about him on his website www.capstoneeventing.com

EquiTerra
Jan. 17, 2011, 11:59 PM
This is helpful, thank you all!!