PDA

View Full Version : favorite local tack store

Blume Farm
Jan. 12, 2011, 01:37 PM
Hey guys...I was wondering if you could tell me what is your local favorite tack store name and locations.

Thanks!

hundredacres
Jan. 12, 2011, 01:49 PM
Well, I only have 2 to chose from: Troyers saddlery in Shipshewana, Indiana and the Painted Pony...I think it's a Fort Wayne address. Sadly neither are primarily English or dressage...I order lots of stuff online. I did order a dressage saddle from Troyer's though, because I was afraid of having to return it and having to deal with the shipping hassle. I also dabble in driving so I also shop at Shipshewana Harness :).

joiedevie99
Jan. 12, 2011, 03:05 PM
I have two that I like:

The Horse Connection in Bedford, NY

and

Horse and Rider in Middletown, NY

CHT
Jan. 12, 2011, 04:01 PM
I shop primarily at Tudor Tack Shoppe in Edmonton, AB. Recently changed owners, but new owner is doing a great job so they have kept my favour.

InsideLeg2OutsideRein
Jan. 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
There are two within reach for me. One is outrageously expensive and the other one is so badly stocked that even if I go there with the intention of buying something right then, they usually don't have it. So no favorite locals for me. Unfortunately. I'd love to have a good real tack store nearby.

lorilu
Jan. 12, 2011, 04:37 PM
In Ocala, Tack Shack (English and western, repair shop, lots of stuff) and Winning Edge ( nicer saddles, consignment, easier to find breeches than at TS, but mostly lowrise :no:, great gifts, wonderful house brand blankets) (on line as 123 Tack). (SOmetimes, the Seminole store, also......)

Puddin Pie
Jan. 12, 2011, 08:20 PM
Waxhaw Tack Exchange, Waxhaw, NC, and The Farm House, Landrum, SC!!

ANPL
Jan. 12, 2011, 08:33 PM
Not super near to me but I have two favorites. Rider's Crossing in Rexford, NY and Cheshire Horse in Balston Spa, NY.

JLR1
Jan. 12, 2011, 08:41 PM
I can tell you what state not to shop in....Arizona! Both local stores now carry low end crap, the sales people are surly and the prices are ridiculous! I spend my equestrian dollars on Calevo.com (German tack store!)

JenLS
Jan. 12, 2011, 09:11 PM
The Tack Trunk in Lebanon Ohio.

Melissa.Van Doren
Jan. 12, 2011, 09:19 PM
Another vote for The Farm House, Landrum, SC. :yes:

Quibbler
Jan. 12, 2011, 09:53 PM
I love Midwest English Tack up here in SE Wisconsin. Our state doesn't have a huge Dressage scene, so it's very nice to have such a great selection nearby.

AggieDQ
Jan. 12, 2011, 11:30 PM
Charlotte's Saddlery in Tomball, TX. Love the attention to detail, customer service, and the ladies that work there take such wonderful care of my non-horsey husband when I have to send him in.

Bogey2
Jan. 13, 2011, 08:32 AM
Briggs Tack Shop in Hanover MA. If they don't have it they will order it and the prices are great!

use'szoo
Jan. 13, 2011, 08:46 AM
Big Dee's in Streetsboro, OH.

scubed
Jan. 13, 2011, 08:58 AM
Totally lucky that Bit of Britain is my local tack shop :cool:

When, I was in Michigan, Classic Saddlery in Galesburg and Sporthorse saddlery in New Hudson

Also, love the Tack Shack in Ocala

AC
Jan. 13, 2011, 09:27 AM
Olson's in Bellevue, Washington for over 30 years! Competitive pricing, really beautiful inventory, and familiar faces!

alibi_18
Jan. 13, 2011, 10:02 AM
Crazy Carrousel, St-Lazare/Hudson, Québec : New and Used, lots of saddles. County rep. and high end clothing! Small place, old house, staff is really knowledgeable and family type.

Epona, St-Eustache, Québec : New and used, lots of clothing, good brands, good prices!!! The owner is really nice, knowledgeable and will try her best to order anything you'd like if she doesn't have it.

We do have lots of tack shops, good ones, near Montréal. Pretty lucky!