PDA

View Full Version : Eventing Magazine WEG analysis

riderboy
Jan. 10, 2011, 08:33 AM
I read the articles and post game analysis and was left more confused than ever as to the direction of our sport. What are we going to do going into the London Olympics? Do we keep the same selection process for riders and horse? Were the mandatory outings using the horses as "..sparingly as possible" as CMP wrote? Jan Bynny doesen't want to "blame", and as much as I respect her, I think it's irresponsible to not use what happened as some sort of template to not be repeated. It would be nice to see " This is what we did wrong and this is what we are going to do for the upcoming Olympics" Maybe it was just all bad luck, poor timing, "not for public view veterinary issues", not our day etc etc, but those types of excuses are hardly inspiring and reassuring. And Boyds swipe at the COTH "experts" didn't help my mood. It's a discussion forum for goodness sake! I'm not an expert, trust me, (although a lot of you are) but every now and then I like to throw out my often ill-informed opinion!

rideonbestrong
Jan. 11, 2011, 08:27 AM
You're so right. Putting a spin on a bad situation does not change the outcome. The selection process has always been a headache but how come LeGoff did so well? Time to find solutions and stop hiding behind excuses - we have the riders and the horses.