PDA

View Full Version : If you love saddles...

n2dressage
Jan. 9, 2011, 03:35 PM
Watch this video of the making of a custom Hennig from start to finish: http://www.eurosaddlery.com/videos/video_02.wmv

After watching this I REALLY want a custom Hennig one day!!! Now to save the money....:eek:

AlterBy
Jan. 9, 2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry...I'm gonna get my new custom 'Princess' Hennig in a month or so. :)

(I've worked freakin' hard to get the money, so I feel your pain.)
( just hope I won't be dissapointed....arrggg anxiety of saddle shopping!)

n2dressage
Jan. 10, 2011, 03:38 AM
Did you go with standard black? Get anything special done to it? Maybe you can post some pictures when it comes in so I can live vicariously through you??????

When I get one I want it in what they call Bordeaux (dark havana) and black with the pretty patent leather back of the seat accent and with some gold welting around the seat :D I can always dream....

I have to actually buy the horse first. I have my eye on the one that I want but it would help in buying a custom saddle if I actually had the horse! :lol:

AlterBy
Jan. 10, 2011, 10:47 PM
No black for me! It will be their palest brown bufallo which is like sand or camel color, gold piping then, in a bit darker brown; underneath panels, back of cantle, small roundish shaped boot protector at the bottom of flaps.
I've asked for only 3/4 knee blocks and they're going to be set a bit higher underneath the skirt panels.
As I will use only 'dressage' stirrups, there was no need of the stirrups keepers, so I asked them to be removed and the leather puffy 'pattern' will be 'complete' instead of letting space for the s.leathers.

I did looked at the patent leather but, since I won't be buying another saddle in like....the next 20 yrs or so.... I didn't wanted to be stuck with a trend more than having a saddle that I dreamed of for long time!

My next bridle will have patent leather on!

n2dressage
Jan. 11, 2011, 03:02 PM
You MUST send me pictures when you get it!!!!! It's really exciting!
I am hoping the patent leather on a darker saddle will give just enough bang without it being out of style when the fad passes. Patent boots I could not do though!
I saw the most perfect black and brown bridle this weekend at a tack store... I love daydreaming about saddles and bridles and horses and breeches.... Etc! :D

Po-Po
Jan. 11, 2011, 03:44 PM
Fantastic video....thanks so much for sharing. :)