PDA

View Full Version : Dressage coat?

charismalover
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:57 PM
I am about to start eventing, and I would like to know what coat most people use for the lower levels. I need a jacket that I can use for stadium and dressage. :)

*Trinity*
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:09 PM
Lots of people do dressage and SJ in their hunt coat and lots of people (including me) do dressage and SJ in their dressage coat. Wear whatever you have - if it's a dark colour, it will be fine at lower levels. Navy or black is most traditional, but I've seen the occassional hunter green or grey plaid - someone even wore a light grey, even though it's technically not allowed. The 'colour rules' are pretty lenient at lower levels.

charismalover
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:16 PM
Thank you so much I have both I just needed to know for the trials what to use

JWB
Jan. 8, 2011, 06:35 AM
Whatever you're comfortable in!

I have both but (for instance) today my SJ is 90 minutes after my dressage so I'm just going to jump in my dressage clothes.

OR you can seek out the one-day trials where you don't need a coat at all!

Auto Be A Storm
Jan. 8, 2011, 08:18 AM
I have a ROMFH dressage coat that i use for stadium as well. I LOVE THIS COAT! very light weight, doesn't collect hair and it is stretchy material so it is not so restricting!

WishIWereRiding
Jan. 8, 2011, 09:14 AM
I wear a solid navy hunt coat. Most dressage coats are too long for me.

baxtersmom
Jan. 8, 2011, 09:44 AM
RJClassics makes an affordable "Eventer" coat that is black and cut slightly longer than a hunt coat and slightly looser than a dressage coat. It's very nice. I also think a navy coat looks lovely in dressage.

Daisey-Bogie
Jan. 8, 2011, 10:28 AM
The rules are easy at th elower level. dark color. I have a nice dark grey with small plaid in it. I needed a new one, my knockers got a little bigger and time for new jacket.

scubed
Jan. 8, 2011, 10:51 AM
I wear the same Pikeur dressage jacket that I have had for 12 years for both. Have never had a hunt jacket. Has been fine through intermediate level.