PDA

View Full Version : Ocala - tack & saddle fitters?

Boomer
Jan. 7, 2011, 02:42 PM
I'm making a road trip to Ocala in a couple of weeks to look at a "project mare" and wanted to see if anyone could recommend:

1) great tack stores to visit

2) a good saddle fitter in the area that could repair billet straps for me

3) tack stores that take used saddles on consignment

Thanks!!

Justmyluck
Jan. 7, 2011, 05:26 PM
The Tack Shack of Ocala : I wouldn't call it impressive but it is my favorite. They have a leather repair shop and can fix your billets for you.

Winning Edge Saddlery: Slightly more upscale as far as brands go. I wouldn't call it impressive either. They take saddles on Consignment.

Good Apple Equine: Is a consignment tack shop with A LOT of stuff. It is one plaza down from the Tack Shack. They take consignments.

2tempe
Jan. 8, 2011, 11:12 PM
OP- before you try putting your saddle on consignment, I would recommend listing on tacktrader.com or ebay - there are a few others. I sold my saddle last summer in less than a month; no commissions, only had to pay the shipping. No point in sharing 30% or more if you dont have to...

bizbachfan
Jan. 8, 2011, 11:36 PM
Justmyluck's places are mine too, worth checking out

lorilu
Jan. 9, 2011, 09:17 AM
yep, those are the places.

L

HiddenAcres
Jan. 9, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm in Houston, but all my good leather stuff comes from the Tack Shack. The halters are beautiful and seem to last 10 years, which is miraculous considering how I don't take care of them.