PDA

View Full Version : Wagener SC cell service

IQ3day14
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:55 AM
Headed to Wagener, SC for the winter and am realizing my terrible ATT service wont work. What companies will get service there? Was just going to get a pay as you go phone. Thanks!

tarheelmd07
Jan. 7, 2011, 12:21 PM
I've had pretty good luck with verizon when out in the boonies in SC/NC

TXnGA
Jan. 7, 2011, 01:21 PM
I have both ATT and verizon. Verizon works in wagner well, but doesn't work around aiken or sometimes in aiken- where ATT works. It is a royal pain in the rear but I'm glad that I mostly have at least one phone that works in most areas

RiverBendPol
Jan. 7, 2011, 02:31 PM
The parking lot of the Baptist church on Redds Branch Road in Aiken has excellent ATT service! :winkgrin:

pegasusmom
Jan. 7, 2011, 03:44 PM
Have or have had ATT and T Mobile - both pretty much suck in some areas of Wagener.

coloredhorse
Jan. 7, 2011, 04:36 PM
I massage frequently in and around Wagener and my Verizon phone has always been 100% reliable. Unlike one of the previous posters, I've also had perfect performance in Aiken, as well.

groom
Jan. 7, 2011, 06:34 PM
I massage frequently in and around Wagener and my Verizon phone has always been 100% reliable. Unlike one of the previous posters, I've also had perfect performance in Aiken, as well.

Me too.

scubed
Jan. 7, 2011, 08:41 PM
I've always had sprint and it has been 100% in town and right on 302 (at Full Gallop for example). A little spotty at Sporting Days, but if I go uphill, always ok.

TXnGA
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:02 PM
I guess I should define where verizon cuts out in/ around aiken. The other day it was all along 78/ charleston hwy from aiken through to williston. Yet verizon works down the 302 corridor and ATT does not. Also, at the Home depote and Kroger- no verizon. And my phone is brand new....

If you continue out of wagner to 20/ columbia/ COL airport, Verizon again cuts out and I have to use ATT.

I'm on the road a lot ( i average about 3000-5000 miles a month) so kinda know when I'm gonna start getting in the mood to throw one of my phones out the window :).

CapturinYerRide
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:05 PM
I know for sure that if you go all the way out to Quiet Man's Cabin at Full Gallop, there ain't no service no matter what brand you are.. But if you stand right by the scoreboard, accross from the Pony Club concession, at about 1AM, right between the two porto-potties, you can get at least three bars..

Badger
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:25 PM
Verizon was working better than AT&T in Wagner yesterday. AT&T was fine at Full Gallop today and has been pretty dependable around town ( other than a spot in Cedar Creek, but that's not eventing).

gardenie
Jan. 8, 2011, 10:47 PM
Sprint sucks. It teases me, works sometimes then doesn't, texting works most times. Mom's Verizon phone worked, but now she's on our plan and so I HATE SPRINT.

Classical DQ
Jan. 9, 2011, 11:31 AM
Verizon is definitely the best!! I live in Wagener and travel to Williston and Columbia and haven't had any issues. Maybe there was a particular reason lately that it wasn't working. I haven't had that issue. I know that AT&T and any others do not work on my farm unless you hold your head a certain way and stand on one foot and ............
Welcome to South Carolina!!!

Cody
Jan. 9, 2011, 09:35 PM
I switched from ATT to Verizon simply because of Verizon's MiFI card. I've used it for live scoring at Paradise Farm in Wagener and most of the time I get a good signal. However, my phone, I have to be out of the barn to use. I think it's probably because the hill blocks the signal....who knows. But definitely Verizon over Att!

Nancy

Headed to Wagener, SC for the winter and am realizing my terrible ATT service wont work. What companies will get service there? Was just going to get a pay as you go phone. Thanks!