PDA

View Full Version : MD get-together Feb 19 5PM at Pub Dog in Columbia! RSVP now!

inquisitive
Jan. 7, 2011, 07:12 AM
We had one a while back, and in Off Course they are planning a VA HH. Anyone from MD interested in doing one maybe Saturday the 29th? We could pick a central location, suggestions welcome!

I thought it'd be nice, especially since it's winter and I know I haven't been able to do much with the ground continuously frozen! Then hopefully when I get out this Spring I will know more of you!

tarheelmd07
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:11 AM
I'm up for it - and the 29th would work great for me! I live near college park but I'm up for driving pretty much anywhere :)

retreadeventer
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:20 AM
Gosh I'll be in MD the week before for the Expo...any chance to do something during that?

inquisitive
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:30 AM
Would the 22nd work for you Tarheel?

Right on Target
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'd be interested too, but the 29th won't work for me either.
The 22nd would be fine for me.

equestrianerd
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:48 AM
If it got pushed back to February I could come. ;) I'll be visiting family in SW MD from Feb 10-25.

tarheelmd07
Jan. 7, 2011, 09:57 AM
I might be able to do dinner on the 22nd...though that is the Area II annual meeting day in Leesburg (and I'm taking the boys to a dressage show at Morven). Would folks be able to do a Friday or a Sunday?

inquisitive
Jan. 7, 2011, 10:00 AM
I think Saturdays are easier with traveling and work. I don't want to conflict with the A2 meeting. Let's just go back to the 29th or Feb 19th? Quick vote and then I'm just setting the date!

tarheelmd07
Jan. 7, 2011, 11:22 AM
either one works for me!

Larissa
Jan. 7, 2011, 02:34 PM
Are non-competing riders invited? :D I'd love to meet more horse people in the area. Could do any of the dates mentioned.

magicteetango
Jan. 7, 2011, 03:15 PM
I don't compete either (hopefully soon!), and I'm in PA but it's not that much of a hike for me to get to northern MD. So I'm in depending on where it is!

Right on Target
Jan. 8, 2011, 09:36 PM
I can't do the 29th, but Feb 19th s/b do-able.

inquisitive
Jan. 10, 2011, 07:33 AM
Ok, Feb 19th it is :)

And yes, everyone is welcome!

Suggestions for locations?

retreadeventer
Jan. 10, 2011, 10:35 PM
Hmmm dinner?
Bel Air? Aberdeen? or is that too far north? Both are off 95.
White Marsh shopping area, like around Ikea someplace?

tarheelmd07
Jan. 11, 2011, 06:42 AM
White Marsh might be a good idea - lots of choices as far as restaurants go :)

April MD
Jan. 11, 2011, 07:00 AM
I'm up to join, although a visit in White Marsh really favors the Bmore- north eastern MD crowd. How about something more truly central- like Columbia or Ellicott City? That would be easier for folks coming out of the DC area.

patterson
Jan. 11, 2011, 07:49 AM
Another vote for something more like central, like Columbia--I ride mostly out of Maryland, and would love to meet other folks who do--but Maryland as in Laytonsville, Damascus, Poolesville, so past Baltimore is pretty far. You don't realize how big Maryland is until you drive to New York (Folks from the West feel free to laugh hysterically here...):lol:

Right on Target
Jan. 11, 2011, 08:27 AM
White Marsh or Columbia work for me

inquisitive
Jan. 13, 2011, 07:55 AM
Thoughts about Columbia or Ellicott City (please add any suggestions as I don't go there a ton):

Columbia
- Clyde's
- PF Chang
- Unos
- Cheesecake
- Don Pablos
- Olive Garden
- Long Horn
- Famous Daves
- TGIF

Ellicott City
- Ellicott Mills Brewing Co
- Kelsey's
- Carrabbas

I was trying to think of what might be best as a combined dinner/HH that wouldn't be too pricey so let me know if you have any suggestions!

Right on Target
Jan. 14, 2011, 08:38 AM
I think TGIF is good because you can make larger tables since their tables usually aren't bolted to the floor. Anywhere that can accommodate a group will work for me.

Larissa
Jan. 14, 2011, 10:19 PM
Personally, I really like the idea of a bar with a good menu. I think it's a bit more casual and more inclined to let us hang out as long as we like, if people hit it off?

I am not overly familiar with Columbia but did some Yelp research. Friday's would be good for this, or Ellicott City Brewing Co, as already mentioned. Columbia also has a Union Jack's, which is a British "pub" type idea.. burgers, happy hour, typical restaurant prices. Two other places called Pub Dog and Second Chance Saloon that have good specials on your usual American beers and average American fare. I'm a beer and apps girl over a sit down meal type so my picks were a little biased ;)

Do we have any Howard Co natives to help us decide??

inquisitive
Jan. 17, 2011, 07:45 AM
I love Irish pubs so I'm gonna suggest Union Jack's, or also Pub Dog (LOVE the one downtown, great beer and pizza!). Any preferences?

http://www.pubdog.net/

http://www.unionjackscolumbia.com/

tarheelmd07
Jan. 17, 2011, 08:05 AM
I love the downtown Pub Dog too...so Pub Dog is my vote :)

inquisitive
Jan. 19, 2011, 07:24 AM
Ok, Pub Dog it is :) Please let me know if you are planning on coming (and if you are bringing others)! They don't take reservations but I could get there earlier and hoard a table or three :lol:

So far I have:
April MD
equestrianerd
inquisitive
Larissa
magicteetango?
patterson
retreadeventer
Right on Target
tarheelmd07

equestrianerd
Jan. 19, 2011, 07:44 AM
Is this lunch or dinner? My little brother's 3yo birthday dinner may be on the 19th (but could be set for the 17th instead, so I might be able to make it either way). Lunch would be fine. :)

inquisitive
Jan. 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
Maybe starting at 5?

Lori B
Jan. 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
I would love to attend but am going to be (don't hate me) in Miami from Feb. 17-20. I am game for other dates or future attempts, just so long as I don't have to drive all the way to Frederick for it.

Larissa
Jan. 25, 2011, 03:55 PM
They don't take reservations but I could get there earlier and hoard a table or three :lol:

I can help with that too :D Just let me know when we set a time and I'll arrange my plans around it!

inquisitive
Feb. 2, 2011, 07:51 AM
Bumping this up. Anyone else interested? Anyone on the list can't come? Suggestions on time?

elsbet
Feb. 2, 2011, 03:17 PM
Darnit! I wish I could come and meet you guys, but my band will be playing a charity/fundraiser 'Battle of the Bands' gig in Taneytown that night.

Can I interest anyone in coming to the gig after???? It's for a good cause...

I'll keep checking in to see when another meet is and maybe I can attend!!!!

Have a wonderful time!!

patterson
Feb. 2, 2011, 03:36 PM
A vote for 5 p.m ...hate driving back to DC at night!

inquisitive
Feb. 9, 2011, 09:17 AM
Bumping again :)

Larissa
Feb. 9, 2011, 10:12 AM
I would vote 5 pm as well. Looking forward to it!

Right on Target
Feb. 9, 2011, 12:05 PM
5pm sb good for me!
I am planning on going to a clinic earlier in the day but I should be able to get there around 5.

inquisitive
Feb. 14, 2011, 08:10 AM
Bumping again because it's this weekend. Right now I will be trying to get a table for about 10?

ImTheOwner
Feb. 14, 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm coming!

tarheelmd07
Feb. 17, 2011, 11:13 PM
I'm looking forward to it :)

inquisitive
Feb. 19, 2011, 09:14 AM
Hope to see you all tonight!

Larissa
Feb. 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
See everyone in a few hours! Hopefully we're the only ones in the place or that someone is still wearing horsey hay in their hair so I can pick out which group is ours..