PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Elisa Wallace?

relocatedTXjumpr
Jan. 6, 2011, 08:35 AM
Came across her name while searching for boarding barns in my area...looks like she is supposed to have a pretty nice facilty up here somewhere, although it doesnt look like they offer board.

Just wondering if anyone has heard about her or ridden with her.

gahawkeye
Jan. 6, 2011, 08:43 AM
Elisa is a very good young professional in the area. I have been a student and a client as she rode my horse for over a year taking him to the CCI* level. Very good rider/trainer and teacher. Quality care for all horses under her care.

I believe the barn does take boarders, but helps to be in some type of training program with Elisa (my experience is that she can be very flexible to design what fits) -- very nice facility - beautiful barn, big arena and you and your horse will get fit - there are mountains to climb!

FLeckenAwesome
Jan. 6, 2011, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure I've only heard good stuff about her :)

relocatedTXjumpr
Jan. 6, 2011, 09:08 AM
The facilty looks very nice, and is really only about 10 miniutes from me. Wouldnt mind taking lessons, etc as I figure out if I want to do this whole evening thing.

I found an old add that stated they took boarders, but found nothing on her website about such.

I'll see if the email address listed is correct and shoot her an email.

vineyridge
Jan. 6, 2011, 09:15 AM
Just going off memory, but IIRC, she is the daughter of Rick Wallace, so has been in eventing all her life.

She has posted here in the past, and stands (or stood) a son of BOC for eventing. I think his name is Cor Magnifique, and he has Bonne Nuit/Cormac lines.

The Centaurian
Jan. 6, 2011, 09:19 AM
Just going off memory, but IIRC, she is the daughter of Rick Wallace, so has been in eventing all her life.

She has posted here in the past, and stands (or stood) a son of BOC for eventing. I think his name is Cor Magnifique, and he has Bonne Nuit/Cormac lines.

Yes, she is Rick's daughter. IIRC she moved to North GA from FL a few years back. I have seen her compete at Red Hills, and she is a lovely rider!

fooler
Jan. 6, 2011, 06:28 PM
First met her when she was around 5 or so. Always been a good sort and had the benefit of learning everything from the ground up from her parents.

She is standing Cor Magnifique and I believe has working him under saddle. The horse's uncle, Corcall, was bred by Nancy Gosch and ridden by Margaret Gosch (daughter) to Advanced 3-day level back in the 1980's. They finished in the top 10 and often in the top 5 at Rolex, Chesterland and Radnor. Cor Angelise, a sister, competed through Intermediate.
In case you are concerned about his size - his grand dam, MacCall (I think this is spelled correctly) stood 17.2h.

tres grey
Jan. 6, 2011, 08:41 PM
Elisa's great! I rode with her all throughout high school, and still remain good friends with her today. She's incredibly talented. Very, very good with problem horses as well as finding diamonds in the rough.

nirvana002
Jan. 6, 2011, 10:24 PM
Elisa is a wonderful girl with a ton of talent...she is very honest and will do right by anyone who works with her. She is extremely down to earth and humble..but she knows her job and will always do it 100%. Can't say enough good things about her.
Jill Henneberg

relocatedTXjumpr
Jan. 8, 2011, 09:52 AM
Sounds like she may have an opening next month. Hopefully after this winter storm I can get out and meet her and see her farm!

kcmel
Jan. 8, 2011, 09:57 AM
Well, this is a disapointing thread. She doesn't have any pictures lifted from crossword puzzles on her website? Or stolen from COTHers facebook pages? All you guys can do is say NICE things? Well, back to the HJ forum...

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 8, 2011, 10:00 AM
I know very little about eventing but one of my friends competed for many years. She is a big fan of the Wallaces. They are ethical and take excellent care of their horses. I watched Elisa compete at the AECS and while she was on course a different rider was thrown and the horse was loose and heading in the same direction as Elisa. Her dad was in the same tent as we were, he jumped up ran to where the horse was and managed to grab the reins of a galloping horse and bring it to a stop. It was amazing to see.

Is Little Kentucky Farm near you? I have another friend that knows Zeb and speaks highly of her.

RiverBendPol
Jan. 8, 2011, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=spotnnotfarm;5340066...I watched Elisa compete at the AECS and while she was on course a different rider was thrown and the horse was loose and heading in the same direction as Elisa. Her dad was in the same tent as we were, he jumped up ran to where the horse was and managed to grab the reins of a galloping horse and bring it to a stop. [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be deemed "unauthorized assistance"?? :winkgrin:

Sounds like this Elisa character is a GEM!

relocatedTXjumpr
Jan. 8, 2011, 03:16 PM
LKF is semi close, but probably too rich for my blood. I have heard great things about Zeb too. I dont think she does boarders though.

I am not looking for training board or a barn where I HAVE to take lessons and show "X" times a month...which is what I told Elisa. I am looking for a quiet barn where, if I wanted to needed assistance, I could take lessons, clinic, etc.

I am still trying to figure out if I want to do this whole eventing thing (also told her that) or stay in the jumpers...

TwoDreamRides
Jan. 8, 2011, 08:45 PM
A couple of people who lesson at our barn also lesson with Elisa. They are mostly eventers, but trailer over to get some jumping lessons in our covered ring during foul weather =] Elisa is good people.